Charlotte

Organic sunscreen

13 posts in this topic

Would anybody be kind enough to recommend any 100% organic sunscreen (tried and tested)? Around SPF 20-30 (I'm UK based)

Thank you duuuuuudes ♥️

Don't use sunscreen lotions. The body already produces 1000 times a better lotion than any sunscreen. 

Edited by Quanty

@Quanty Whilst I fully appreciate your input I have to use sunscreen. 

What does the body produce? Very curious ?

On 5/2/2018 at 4:50 PM, Charlotte said:

@Quanty Whilst I fully appreciate your input I have to use sunscreen. 

What does the body produce? Very curious ?

The body produces its natural oils and skin protection. The more we use soaps/shampoos/cosmetics and chemicals in general even natural when use in excess depletes and removes our bodies natural defenses and layers. The body needs time to transfer sunlight into vitamin D on the skin 1-2 days i believe after that little bit more each day eventually you won't even get burned anymore.

The sunscreens actually block absorption of vitamin D and due artificial applications having a chemical reaction with the skin/sunlight/heat cancers form.

Natural sunscreens are alright to start off like 1-3 ingredients but sooner or later use less and less hopefully none at all then let nature due its thing as your body evolved from nature which is of divine intelligence, we are perfect in every way we just have been conditioned to believe we are not.

and for the record it is still possible to get burnt for example if your at the beach unless you stay hydrated with fresh fruits and or water because the salt dehydrates the skin and removes our natural protective oils to a degree.

B R E A T H E

to add a little bit on what was said above, 

Sometimes prevention is indeed the best sunscreen. Most of us grown in colder climates have very little sun tolerance before we start making a lot of damage to our skin. Generally the paler the skin the less sunshine it needs. 

That being said, of course on vacations etc we want to get a little tan and to do so safely so sunbathing either before 10-11 am or after 5-6pm could be safe strategies. Definitely stay away from rough sunshine especially when travelling to somewhere like Thailand, the sun will roast you in 30 minutes when you get out there after 11 am. 

As for some natural prevention: Pomegranates and berries due to their antioxidant protective have been shown to have protective effect against skin Alcohol; had opposite effect and reduced the time needed to get sunburned. So sipping margaritas while sunbathing is potentially the worst thing to do as it accelerates the damage massively. 

Coconut oil has a sun protection factor of around 8 SPF, I use it as my daily face cream although it give me the "dog's ball" shiny effect. 

Other than that i found this awesome study that collated data on various natural supplements , check it out https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3263051/  there is a lot of info on sun protectionas well as post-sun exposure like tea tree oil and aloe vera. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@pluto I'm really struggling to wrap my head around this because there's times I've not used sunscreen and I've burnt so bad that I've bled. Literally burnt my skin away it was awful. 

I'm using sunscreen because I'm respectful of my skin and also because sun damage can lead to wrinkles and whatnot. What about when they show the sun damage under that special UV light? I really don't like it when I'm sat there and can feel the sun just burning my skin ?. I don't feel safe. I can totally understand your point about the xonversio of vit D though. I was thinking about this myself. 

Thanks for your info Plutes ?

@Michael569 Yeah, with you living in the UK you'll know what I mean when the sun comes out for a fifth of a second (over exaggeration) and we get burnt. What if say we go on holiday and we want to venture out for the day? How could we if we avoiding the sunlight from the times you've stated? I agree with it by the way. 

21 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Coconut oil has a sun protection factor of around 8 SPF, I use it as my daily face cream although it give me the "dog's ball" shiny effect. 

??? I've tried coconut oil and finds it clogs my pores to death and gives me baaaad spots. 

Thank you for your input and for the link! I'll have a read of this over my morning brew ? ?

Thank you to both of you as per ♥️

Reason being possibly poor diet/lifestyle choices thus will take longer to adapt until this is corrected. You have to find your sweet spot.

Some key things/nutrients, stay hydrated, stay moving, get your electrolytes, antioxidants, lycopene, essential fatty acids, vitamin c rich foods all aid in UV protection/damage.

(coconut water is excellent protection and source of hydration on a hot day or day at the beach contains balanced and good source of electrolytes)

I drink 1 - 2 liters a day in summer and always nice to have a healthy salad for lunch with tomatoes, cucumbers, avocado, carrots, greens and generous amount of nuts & seeds and or fresh fruit to stay hydrated and vitamin loaded protection :)

Chaga Mushroom may help too

Here is a good homemade sunscreen I would also add or replace one or other for Zinc/Magnesium spray.

I guess this would be good when you need to adapt slowly but yeah one step at a time you use less and less until you have successfully found your balance and adapted. Sooner or later you wont need it. Once homeostasis is found within the body from the correct and most aligned diet/lifestyle choices for you, all problems will vanish.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

5 minutes ago, pluto said:

Reason being possibly poor diet/lifestyle choices thus will take longer to adapt until this is corrected.

Yes we are talking a good few years ago and my diet and lifestyle wasn't good. 

So do you not wear sunscreen at all Pluto? I did find some really good organic/fair trade cream which contains like 5 ingredients... https://www.odylique.co.uk/natural-sun-screen.html I've started using it and I love it I must say. 

Jeez 1-2 ltr a day! Do you not get... A runny bum? O.oxD

8 minutes ago, pluto said:

Some key things/nutrients, stay hydrated, stay moving, get your electrolytes, antioxidants, lycopene, essential fatty acids, vitamin c rich foods all aid in UV protection/damage.

Thank you for this! I'll jot this down and thanks so much for the link! ♥️

9 minutes ago, pluto said:

Once homeostasis is found within the body from the correct and most aligned diet/lifestyle choices for you, all problems will vanish.

?? 

Do you get poorly at all Pluto? My diet at the moment (and for the past couple of months) is exceptional I must say and I've come down with a bit of virus and I feel a little disappointed.

@Charlotte

Rarely, only when i go to the beach on a 40'C+ day and if i will be swimming but other times no as i do not get burnt and value my bodies divine intelligence. Not sure what you mean by a "runny bum" but i urinate quite well daily especially with Australian summer sometimes you have to go through 3-4 liters of liquid a day :)

Don't sweat it, Keep Kicking Ass!

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@pluto wow fair enough :)

As in diarrhea from too much coconut water? 

Cheers brooooooo ♥️?

Haven't noticed diarrhea from coconut water but i don't doubt it if you drink unconsciously, anything can occur. I am quite aligned with my body :P

Anytime ♥️?

B R E A T H E

Best sun screen is your own skin. But stop washing yourselves every day, I know it sounds dull what I say. But if you bathe without lotions, nor shampoo and switch to Colloidal Silver (put drops of the solution in your water) one will notice that the armpits will have a clean smell, as well any part of the body.