iyfe

Questioning the Root of Addictions

27 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@phoenix666  The ego hates this. But the good news is, once the ego is shattered and total nonduality dawns, you will relaize that BEING is far more profound and superior to meaning.

“People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.”

― Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

11 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

I guess my intention to become a healer comes from the ego itself. it's not coming from a selfless place - yet.

Actually, this is probably not true.

There is a higher power working through you, even if you are full of ego. A divine intelligence is guiding you, which is why you are attracted to enlightenment in the first place. If not for this divine intelligence, there would be no hope of awakening.

Your desire to be a healer is probably genuine deep down inside, it is just hampered by your lower chakra, fear-based, self-preservation instincts.

What you need is simply spiritual purification, purging all of your lower chakra baggage.

It is like you are a light bulb that has been covered over with so much rust and grime that only a few rays of light are radiating out. As you clean off the grime, you will shine with the infinite, eternal, unstoppable light of God. The ego will be annihilated in this light. And then you will become a great healer.

But start with babysteps. This whole process will take years. You are right where you need to be. Follow your heart, it is filled with divine intelligence and will show you the way.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, robdl said:

“People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.”

― Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth

Amen

Emptiness is actually the most profound and "meaningful" thing possible. It's a paradox.

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is a higher power working through you, even if you are full of ego. A divine intelligence is guiding you, which is why you are attracted to enlightenment in the first place. If not for this divine intelligence, there would be no hope of awakening.

Your desire to be a healer is probably genuine deep down inside, it is just hampered by your lower chakra, fear-based, self-preservation instincts.

What you need is simply spiritual purification, purging all of your lower chakra baggage.

It is like you are a light bulb that has been covered over with so much rust and grime that only a few rays of light are radiating out. As you clean off the grime, you will shine with the infinite, eternal, unstoppable light of God. The ego will be annihilated in this light. And then you will become a great healer.

But start with babysteps. This whole process will take years. You are right where you need to be. Follow your heart, it is filled with divine intelligence and will show you the way.

this is beautiful. thank you so much for this. 

lately, with everything going on and the few glimpses I got I seriously started wondering whether that desire to become a healer was just another ego thing. I guess that whole prestige thing that comes with being a doctor is coming from that. and I admit, that was a huge motivation for me too at the beginning of my studies. that's where most med students and doctors get lost, in that academic game of good grades, prestige, career, publications and such. they actually forget the heart of this work - which is the patient. I see that happening a lot. 

that's why I like the term 'healer' more. has nothing to do with that academic game and that whole joke about publications. I want people and their wellbeing to be the heart of my work. that's a drive I noticed only i the past few months. that's what feels genuine.

I like that light bulb analogy. I feel the light getting stronger with all the consciousness work. thanks for the reassuring words <3

hahaha everyone is always saying follow your heart . I even catch myself saying it to others. but no one actually seems to know how that really works. you need to do a video about following one's heart and anahata. I think that would be a big help and change for lots of people here. I sometimes feel like the forum needs a little more heart and love and less mental masturbation and righteousness.. ;) 

whatever arises, love that

@phoenix666 I will talk about love and heart more in the future.

5 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

hahaha everyone is always saying follow your heart . I even catch myself saying it to others. but no one actually seems to know how that really works. you need to do a video about following one's heart and anahata. I think that would be a big help and change for lots of people here. I sometimes feel like the forum needs a little more heart and love and less mental masturbation and righteousness.. ;) 

In the ultimate sense, you are one with everything. So following your heart simply means taking care of that which you are. Including your body/mind, including everyone else.
Why do you want to be a healer first and foremost? If the answer is to genuinely help out other people, then you can rest assured that it's coming from the heart. Taking care of that which needs taking care of within consciousness. That's the nature of love. 

The ego might interfere with its own reasons, but don't even be interested in that. These egoic reasons can still be there. It's not always one or the other. 

Therefor, it's really important to really get a taste of what the heart really is. Make it your life's work to find out. It's who you are. :) And the more you'll understand what it is, the more you'll be in tune with what it wants. Until one day, following your heart makes no more sense to you. Your every decision will be straight from the heart. 

@DoubleYou yes, I want to take care of people. I'm quite sure about that. but you're probably right, it's not only one or the other. I still feel the ego interfere, but I also noticed how that part or influence is getting weaker and weaker the more I progress on this path.

thank you, it's still a bit confusing. but your words reassured me in my practice. I want to find that out who/what I truly am and more than that, I want to embody it. I want my every word and action to come from the heart, love and compassion.

thank you <3 

whatever arises, love that