cnorhistorian

Spiritual Enlightenment - Intro

15 posts in this topic

Spiritual enlightenment - the most shocking truth you will ever hear

I sent Leo a private email.  He did not respond. I don't take it personally he is undoubtedly gets thousands of emails.

I have already arrived at the "benefits" he describes in his video.

*I have peace of mind regardless of the circumstances.

*I have emotional maturity

* I am totally open minded

* I understand that emotional suffering is 100% internal

* I understand the true meaning of religion

* I am free of the crowd mentality

* I think and feel for myself

* I have no fear of death

I would guess I have invested at least 20,000 hours over the last 55 years and I am not at a destination yet.

I must say I was mildly offended when he told me I would experience anger, disbelief etc but I knew his statements to be generic and not directed at me. 

He shows that he is very sincere in his conclusions and I respect them.

Mine are different. I will present the condensed version.

It is not that reality exists and I don't, it is that I exist but reality doesn't.  At least I have no way of proving that it does.

I don't mean that I know I exist physically, but I know, that is can directly perceive, that my thoughts exist and those thoughts are me. That is not a theory, that is direct perception.

I am not a physical body having thoughts, it is that I am thoughts having a physical body - maybe.

All perception is projected from inside my thoughts - I have no way of knowing if an external reality exists. I can accept that the perception and the perceiver are the same thing

There is no truth with a capital T.

There is no reality with a capital R.

Everything we know or perceive and can know or perceive is relative

In my view unless and until I can accept that there are no absolute answers other than that my thoughts exist I can't achieve lasting peace or enlightenment. 

That is - initially -the most scary viewpoint imaginable.

The titles for this post should of course been in quotes as they are Leo's words

Hmm...I'm no Leo but associating yourself with thoughts wouldn't bring you there. It seems like your answers come from ego and many things you mentioned are contradictory. Take a break...enjoy reality around you, smile, laugh, fall in love with something..feel more than think, let your thoughts bypass. Get to the point when you absolutely sure that you know nothing and go from there. Have fun with it :)

@cnorhistorian You've invested 20,000 hour in thinking. Thinking gets you nowhere in this pursuit. You could think for 1,000,000 years and not realize your true nature. Because what you really are is not thought, but awareness.

Instead of thinking, you should be raising your awareness. And then directing it at the Absolute True nature of "you".

There is an Absolute Truth, and it is directly accessible via awareness, but NOT via thinking.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Dear Leo

Thank you for your response

Nowhere did I say I had invested 20,000 hours thinking

I will accept your clarification. Thank you for correcting that. I readily agree it is not thought that the important thing to know exists, it is awareness.

I was putting it in Descartian terms. I have to admit that in trying to express it I was caught in that paradigm.

If total awareness in itself creates absolute truth then I will accept that. I would not put it that way.

In my search I have had awareness of things that cannot be expressed in language.

And if I have failed in raising my awareness to a very high level, as you seem to suggest, how is it that I have achieved all the goals you outline in your video?

45 minutes ago, cnorhistorian said:

Dear Leo

Thank you for your response

Nowhere did I say I had invested 20,000 hours thinking

I will accept your clarification. Thank you for correcting that. I readily agree it is not thought that the important thing to know exists, it is awareness.

I was putting it in Descartian terms. I have to admit that in trying to express it I was caught in that paradigm.

If total awareness in itself creates absolute truth then I will accept that. I would not put it that way.

In my search I have had awareness of things that cannot be expressed in language.

And if I have failed in raising my awareness to a very high level, as you seem to suggest, how is it that I have achieved all the goals you outline in your video?

Forget about goals, forget about what anybody says or what you think or say. Forget about what you have "achieved" and what you have not. Forget about any of your past experience. Forget about what you accept or do not accept. Forget about any your conclusions and experiences. Forget about what you think is right and what is wrong. Froget about all your feelings. These are just thoughts. You keep thinking and thinking and thinking. Just shut the fuck up and look at yourself. Do it as much as you can, every day. How to look at yourself? A lot of information on the Internet, including Leo's videos.

Edited by Naviy

I have had the good fortune of having in my life what I have come to term a "soul partner"

We have talked everyday, at least twice a day, for the last 10 years. The few days missed is because we were geographically separated and electronic communication failed.

She is the most open minded person I have ever known. Nobody else has her ability to "stand outside" herself and look at personal situations rationally and without undue emotion. Nobody else is as free from the debilitating concepts of society.

We have not and do not always agree. But we have agreed to disagree in a respectful and civil manner.

Such a relationship has been good and bad.

Good in that I have had someone to share my life with and the deepest and sometimes painful levels. 

Good in that we have supported each others growth. Far better than having a psychiatrist or other "professional" help which is often used just as a crutch because many want someone else to do all the work.

You don't have to have a lot of people to connect with. One really close connection is enough and more than most people achieve. Having so many hundred "friends" on facebook might do something for your ego (which gets talked about a lot here) but it doesn't make you happy.

It has been bad because it has been sufficient.

I have not worked on communicating with a wider circle of people who don't share my fundamental thoughts, beliefs, awareness (whatever terminology makes you happy)

THAT is MY next step. I have to learn to express myself without being sloppy about language.

Leo has already made me realize that and I thank him for that.

It is something for me to work on.

However what I see is this site has a lot of angry and frustrated participants who reflect the anger and frustration in society.

People who despite telling ME to set aside my thoughts and feelings clearly communicate that THEY think and feel that there is only one concept of enlightenment and that is their concept and that there is only one path and that is their path.

In my world,if you have to say "shut the fuck up" you are a long way from inner peace or enlightenment 

"It is not that reality exists and I don't, it is that I exist but reality doesn't.  At least I have no way of proving that it does."

How can something exist w/out Reality? You need an empty room to put your furniture in. Leo said: " What we are saying here is that Reality exists but you don't". He even mentioned Matrix movie in that video. 

You probably misplaced the words :) 

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

Gayla thank you for your post.

No I didn't displace any words.

How do I know that "something" exists other than my own awareness?

But, like I have said I have been spoiled by 10 years of relating to someone with whom I don't have to spell out every detail, who is capable of reading between the lines and more important willing. I am working on that.

But I am not writing a book here either. So I am not going into elaborate detail.

The human condition has been described as awareness being aware of itself.

If you define that awareness as reality then reality does exist

But I didn't specify what I meant which is that I can't prove that "external" reality exists,that is external to my awareness.

We see what is inside us. If I am filled with hate then I will see hate in the world, if I am filled with love then I will see love.

Heaven and hell are not actual places they exist inside you.

Even quantum physics suggests that things don't exist in a fixed form until they are observed.

With respect, if you chose to interpret it otherwise that is your choice not mine.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@cnorhistorian You've invested 20,000 hour in thinking. Thinking gets you nowhere in this pursuit. You could think for 1,000,000 years and not realize your true nature. Because what you really are is not thought, but awareness.

Instead of thinking, you should be raising your awareness. And then directing it at the Absolute True nature of "you".

There is an Absolute Truth, and it is directly accessible via awareness, but NOT via thinking.

@Leo Gura I agree with you Leo.. let me add the following: 

Enlightenment is experiencing your essence or true nature. Your true nature is being (pure I AMness). So how do you find being ?

First you need to know what you are looking for .. so let me tell you.

Being is a vibration of energy and it IS at a certain frequency. The frequency of being IS the frequency of pure Love, pure Joy and pure Compassion combined. It's a nice cocktail..

If you want to experience being you must tune-in with that frequency. You have to become IT.

Being can not be understood or described by the mind. This is why you cannot think your way into enlightenment. Being has to be experienced by our feelings and our senses.

Being is all around us but we can't see it. It is hidden from us. The reason we can't see it is because we are looking for it in the dark. Let me tell you how to find it.

Imagine you are in a dark room and you want to find something in the room. What do you do ?

You can sit in the room waiting for the thing to somehow move and hit you (this can take 5000 hours or more) or you can crawl and try to feel it with your hands but this is a big big room ( this can also take 5,000 hours or more) or there is a third option !!!

Simply find the light switch and TURN ON THE LIGHTS in the room. No more need to spend 5,000 hours. It appears immediately. It was right in front of you !

But we all know this stuff !! .. The problem is that nobody knows where the light switch IS or how to turn it ON !! 

Do you want to know how ?

Let me tell you a story .. imagine you are playing a game of hide and seek .. and you are hiding in the dark. You found a very good spot where no one can find you. They search and they search .. and they just can't find you !!

Suddenly you hear beautiful music of love coming from one of the seekers..

You turn around to hear this amazing music and you see that this music of love makes the seeker's awareness radiate pure light !! 

Suddenly it's not so dark any more ..

Then you look at yourself and you see that this music of love is also making your own awareness shine !! .. 

Now. Finally. The seeker can see you !! You are shining in pure light ..

Ok so I hope I made it clear.. but just in case I didn't. Let me explain what happens.

"Awareness radiates/shines light when it vibrates as love"

So TURN ON YOUR LIGHTS !!

This is the big secret.. this is how you turn on the lights. This is how you find yourself.

@werlight  But you can't think analytically or imagine this light going on when searching?

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

@werlight  But you can't think analytically or imagine this light going on when searching?

Nop. Thinking is not involved in the process. The minds role is to reflect the light of your awerness. Not think.

The light is a result of the vibration of awerness genetated by what @Leo Gura discribed as increasing your vibration..

The highest vibration in the universe is the vibration of love, compasion and joy.

That why people say you have to love yourself into enlightment. Because you literally have to become pure love to find your essence.

12 hours ago, Naviy said:

Forget about goals, forget about what anybody says or what you think or say. Forget about what you have "achieved" and what you have not. Forget about any of your past experience. Forget about what you accept or do not accept. Forget about any your conclusions and experiences. Forget about what you think is right and what is wrong. Froget about all your feelings. These are just thoughts. You keep thinking and thinking and thinking. Just shut the fuck up and look at yourself. Do it as much as you can, every day. How to look at yourself? A lot of information on the Internet, including Leo's videos.

Finally, someone who understands this. Thinking is part of the problem. 

On 6.3.2016 at 4:12 PM, cnorhistorian said:

We see what is inside us. If I am filled with hate then I will see hate in the world, if I am filled with love then I will see love.

Heaven and hell are not actual places they exist inside you.

@cnorhistorian

Thank you for sharing :)

Maybe i just like it because it's the way i'm feeling to.. Who knows.. Who cares?

But above all thank you for the freshness you use to express the things you are convinced of, just the way you do, regardless of the opinion others.

It's sometimes funny, but most of the time inspiring :)