moon777light

Dr. Brene Brown books? and where to start self-actualization

5 posts in this topic

are her books regarding self-love good for self-actualization? I am beginning my journey after much much procrastination and in my bookshelf i have limited amount of books, specifically teal swan's, brene browns and dr joe dispenza (which is meh at best). I feel lost as to where i should begin. I feel like there is so much i need to focus on specifically very bad procrastination, my extreme low self-esteem/shyness, and anxiety.

Just pick a thing you're passionate about and resolve to solve that one piece.

One piece at a time.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm finding that it's overwhelming if you immerse yourself into it ALL at the same time. I think even an extremely motivated person might give up if they try to apply to many self-improvement angles at once. Since most everyone agrees that daily meditation is one of the most effective and time-honored ways to change the way you look at and interact with yourself, others and life in general, that's going to be my main self-improvement activity this year. I'm a deeply curious person, so the temptation (it's a drive, really) is there to learn and implement a couple dozen techniques simultaneously, but having scratched the surface of that, I've found that it only discourages me, because when I do that, I don't know whether I'm coming or going, because my mind is so busy trying to do and think everything correctly. 

Without losing my curiosity, I'm going to mainly focus on meditating this year. Then I'll reassess and likely incorporate something new along with it for next year. I'm worth taking the time to do this process mindfully. I'm take Leo's advice here and tackling things one by one. I'd imagine that, as time goes by and we build experience on top of the knowledge we acquire, there will build a momentum to the progress. 

Self Awareness is the key, root of all change. It bring you awareness which bring understanding that guides to new stratergy plus it also bring you self disciple which is the fuel for every change and action. 

After reading self help for two years, I think if you are a bit of creative and critical thinker, you can build your very own startergy and techniques if you are self aware. ( sharing my experience ) 

Like today in the gym, I imagined a lighting bulb in my chest, and I kept it shining, lighting, energizing all my body through my mind. I clearly noticed the willpower usage for this, and I stayed to focus on it as I was doing workout outside my comfort zone. I noticed all the excuses my mind was trying to pop to make me stop, I kept my mind lift and blocked them.