Charlotte

Manipulating Thought with Thought

14 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura In your How to meditate deeper video, for the intermediate stage you mention manipulating thought with thought to become more aware of thought (lol).

Over time, I've read on here that you cannot manipulate thought with thought. It seems to me a) I'm missing something or b) there's conflicting advice.

During meditation practice and during everyday life I was getting somewhere with internally saying to myself "Just another thought" but now I've read otherwise I'm left baffled. 

Can you/anybody shin some light on this please and make sense of it for me?

As always, thank you & Cheers dude's

?

(Topic may need to be moved to another section).

Manipulating thought with thought is the movement of thought. 

The manipulator is the manitpulated lol 

Thought implies manipulation 

It’s great that your getting into this. It’s essential?

Edited by Faceless

Starting to understanding thought is the beginning of starting to understand yourself. ‘The self/ego’ 

Only in understanding the limits of thought/self does intelligence start to flower. This opens the possibility for thought to become quiet so that intelligence can act holistically without contradiction/conflict.

This is where wisdom is born. 

Edited by Faceless

@Okaythen Wow, sounds like your technique used worked for you. Its so hard to explain this into language isn't it sometimes ? I know what you mean though with regards to...

On 23/03/2018 at 11:40 AM, Okaythen said:

Use your thoughts to deconstruct itself, and also deconstruct its deconstruction. It is a very liberating and inspiring process

this is what I've been doing. I've become very aware of let's call them 'regular thoughts' that's I've started to become more of the meta thoughts that arise also, including image's. So sneaky and so quick some can be, almost appear in milliseconds. Being aware of these meta thoughts has really helped me progress. 

Thank you for sharing your technique, converting all thoughts into one big thought does sound very helpful and interesting, thanks for explaining ?.

22 hours ago, Faceless said:

The manipulator is the manitpulated lol 

I know, how stupid do we all look ? (jk). 

I've been into it for quite some time I just don't voice my practices over the forum :ph34r:?

22 hours ago, Faceless said:

Starting to understanding thought is the beginning of starting to understand yourself. ‘The self/ego’ 

Only in understanding the limits of thought/self does intelligence start to flower. This opens the possibility for thought to become quiet so that intelligence can act holistically without contradiction/conflict.

Very true also! 

As always, thanks for you input guy's ♥️

11 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I've been into it for quite some time I just don't voice my practices over the forum :ph34r:?

Ninja??

Although learning the nature of thought and it’s limits is not really a practice. It’s learning/understanding thought as a system. Once this system is understood very deeply there will be no need for any practices, routines, techniques, and methods and there mechanical applications. ?

anyway how how do you get that little ninja emoji???? That’s the real important question lol 

4 minutes ago, Faceless said:

It’s learning/understanding thought as a system. Once this system is understood very deeply there will be no need for any practices, routines, techniques, and methods and there mechanical applications. ?

Yeah, very much agree. Tonight I'm going to research the theory of the nature, structure and processes of thought. Wanna get deeeeeeeper ?.

I'm really interested in why my personal identity lies in my thought. I know I am the observer but I need to break it down into bite size pieces so I can experientially grasp this mofo. 

Oh the ninja dude? If I tell you I'd have to kill you, you want me to tell you? :ph34r:

I knew you was going to say that ?, in that case I'll vacuum up your consciousness ?

Okay... In this text box where you write there's a smiley face symbol, click that then BAM!... the world's your oyster ? (ignore my smartphone keypad)

Screenshot_20180324-191049.png

Edited by Charlotte

8 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Ah I think I see

Thank you fellow ninja??

My pleasure bud! ?

5 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Smash out that ninja tonight on here ??

@Charlotte Ultimately, you don't have any control because you don't even exist.

But telling that to a newbie meditator is pretty much useless, and will in fact create confusion and irresponsible action.

Manipulating thought with thought DOES work.

For example: when you are anxious, you can tell yourself "Breathe slowly." And as you do that, your breath will deepen and your anxiety will melt away.

As another example: in meditation, when you are having monkey mind, you can tell yourself, "Let go." And that will help you to let go of whatever mental topic you're stuck on.

Does it always work? No. But you can certainly manipulate thought with thought.

The reason it works is, the thought which does the manipulating is itself originating from a higher source: infinite intelligence. So really, when you tell yourself to "Let go" or "Breathe slowly" or "What am I?" it might feel as though you are controlling thought, but it's really the universe controlling thought, manipulating you toward self-realization.

So there's really no contradiction. The universe is in charge. Align yourself with it.

Another great technique is to simply let go of all control when you sit down to meditate and let whatever happens happen without any judgment or expectations.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 2018-03-23 at 9:15 PM, Faceless said:

Here we have some depth

Spot on!

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

2 hours ago, Faceless said:

@Leo Gura please fix this bug on the website ☝️ (cannot delete quoted boxes).

Anyway, back to topic. 

First, thanks for your in-depth answer, it's really helped. 

Second,

Ultimately, you don't have any control because you don't even exist.

At the moment, I understand this on the logical level, I'm putting all my efforts into directly tapping into infinite intelligence and to embodying it. 

Another great technique is to simply let go of all control when you sit down to meditate and let whatever happens happen without any judgment or expectations.

I tried the do thing technique and I think I was doing it wrong so I tried something else. 

I was zoning out whilst gazing at a spot on the wall and I literally surrendered to everything. I think I was doing it wrong because I felt I was sitting there for 35 minutes, just daydreaming...

Thanks again for your response, it's straightened a lot of confusion out for me. 

♥️