Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moon777light

Walking Meditation-best sources for learning it?

5 posts in this topic

I really want to start a regular meditation practice but lately my school schedule is very packed and i noticed i tend to push it off. However, i walk everywhere i need to go, alone 95% of the time. The walk to my school(and mostly everywhere else i go) is about 15ish minutes and though this would be perfect to squeeze in walking meditation. I saw leo talking about it in his hawaii retreat. How does one go about doing this? is the best method simply the think-nothing whiel your walking? Do these help?

Walk meditatively as if the eternity is yours, just walk the way you go for a morning walk in a relaxed way about three times slower than your usual walk. Bring your attention to the feeling of your feet touching the ground. Walk consciously but relaxed, as if walking is everything. 

"A walking meditation is simply taking the time out for yourself, time to get away from people and phones and break free from the stressors of everyday life to listen to your soul. As you walk, time your breathing to your steps. For example, inhale for four steps, hold your breathe naturally for one step, and exhale for four steps. Adjust your effort so that you don't have to keep changing your breathing. It is a good idea to simply count your steps, emptying your mind of all things other than the step count and breathing until you've mastered the process and it becomes innate. A walking meditation should be no less than 15 minutes. It is best to walk in nature, where you can benefit from the natural earth energies, experience a variety of colors and appreciate life forms in their natural rhythm." 

- Paul Chek

Use the Prayer Swat Team!