Jonson

Why can't we just automate mechanical work?

9 posts in this topic

I see many self help channels on youtube , where people talk about passion, motivation and all that stuff. 

I'm just wondering what is there so much to talk about  ?  I see people getting successful by talking about how to be successful.

I feel like many self help people just talk about all these things , but that's all they do, that's how they make their money ... they aren't actually solving world problems, if they really wanted to, they would learn a lot and then occupy a function where they can actually change practical stuff. 

Or when I'm seeing people saying that you should hustle , hustle for what ? For making motivational videos ? 

I'm not trying to criticize anyone , I'm just wondering why. When I see an inspirational video on youtube , with some clicheic background music , I'm like  

why should i be inspired ? Inspired to make some inspirational videos myself ? Because that's what the inspirational people do , they talk about inspiring others.

It feels like a never-ending circle . 

And then I think like this : We are 7 billion people on earth , according to some website we have enough resources for 10 billion. Why don't we just redistribute them in an equal way ? We would all have enough .  Why all this "hustle" ? Everyone should aim to automate the work that isn't fun. We should all just have fun and explore the world without having to "hustle".  We should enjoy each other , get into the best shape possible and learn about stuff .. or just relax sometimes . 

Isn't that the best way of living ? To have fun and explore the most interesting places ? To meditate , to experiment with psychedelics , to make interesting art , to play , to enjoy each other .   

Sorry if I seem unintelligent or if I haven't structured my thoughts well , I hope you get the idea .  I felt like I needed to get this out of my head.

Edited by Jonson

9 hours ago, Jonson said:

And then I think like this : We are 7 billion people on earth , according to some website we have enough resources for 10 billion. Why don't we just redistribute them in an equal way ? We would all have enough .  Why all this "hustle" ? Everyone should aim to automate the work that isn't fun. We should all just have fun and explore the world without having to "hustle".  We should enjoy each other , get into the best shape possible and learn about stuff .. or just relax sometimes . 

Isn't that the best way of living ? To have fun and explore the most interesting places ? To meditate , to experiment with psychedelics , to make interesting art , to play , to enjoy each other .

Haha, ego will not allow that.

See, ego is insatiable. Ego is trying to become infinite via materialism, which will never work. Which is why you have billionaires working morning till night to earning another billion. Because once you have everything material that you've ever wanted, you will still be just as miserable as before.

You're right, that inspirational videos alone are not every effective. A good teacher must go much further than just making inspirational videos. The point of teaching is to help the mind uncover its own self-deceptions. Good teachers are rare. And the world could sure use more of them.

Raising your consciousness has little to do with being a teacher as your career. Everyone can benefit enormously from raising their consciousness. But not everyone needs to become a teacher.

Also, being a great teacher is not as easy as it seems. Shooting good videos consistently is pretty challenging. And for that matter, creating a good inspirational video is pretty challenging.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

32 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Haha, ego will not allow that.

See, ego is insatiable. Ego is trying to become infinite via materialism, which will never work. Which is why you have billionaires working morning till night to earning another billion. Because once you everything material that you've ever wanted, you will still be just as miserable as before.

I see the same mind dynamic play out in “spirituality” and personal development. 

1 hour ago, Serotoninluv said:

I see the same mind dynamic play out in “spirituality” and personal development. 

If done improperly, yes, that is a trap.

The ego mind tries to "materialize" all spiritual pursuits. It can't help itself. The devil is not going to surrender to God easily. He will first try to get God to surrender to the devil. The devil doesn't want to ascend to God's level, he wants to drag God down to his level.

It's not gonna work, but he'll still try.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I agree with you @Jonson, Many motivational speaker if not most of them, they don't brings a lot of value, many of them, they do it for themselves to make money and to feed theirs ego. they don't innovate or solve problems. it may seem that i'm criticizing too much but this is our world (Rat race)   

In my opinion, sometimes theirs videos can help, it can give some kind of determination and temporary motivation to achieve thing you want to have.

U asked why we don't share ressources between all humans, this is a complicated topic, and i'm not optimistic about it, i think we are so much far from it, it require a lot of consciousness, even people who are poor they may do the same thing if they were rich 

@Leo Gura thanks for responding to me ??. I didn't try to say that inspirational videos are wrong or anything like that. I like inspirational videos, i also watch them sometimes.  I just had these thoughts,  just wanted to understand some things better, maybe. Idk 

@Ether this comment made me feel good for some reason :)) 

@Spinoza yeah, it's probably a very complicated topic and there are many factors to it. 

There are Big resourceful meditative people who just enjoy watching the big picture and laugh by the sake of bullying.  

Let me explain this. There are enlightened people laughing their ass, because Source does not take sides in a (good/bad paradigm of society).

In other words, God does not take sides, he plays Dice. 

Namaste, Mfks!