egoless

LP in native language or English?

4 posts in this topic

So English is not my first language. I was thinking is it ok to make my LP statement and ME sheet in English or should I translate in my native language? Also when doing affirmations and programming sub conscious is it better to do it in English or native language? @Leo Gura Leo any recommendation on that?

Translate. 

Or actually, have both. I found it's easier for me to think about many of the concepts in English because it doesn't bear so much baggage. But, the translation process into the native language is really interesting, gives the meaning more depth. 

I'd do programming in native language if you do have a good translation -- that is, unless you already do most of your casual thinking throughout the day in English. 

Try both, see what triggers you emotionally the most.

I have personally associated the English language with certain topics.

When I think in my native language (which have a lot more history in my brain) it often have more nuances and it's more complex, but may end to be melancholic/muddy. English on the other hand is simple and straight forward.

I've recently talked to a friend about the impact of language on emotions, she says speaking in Spanish makes her happy/smile.

For affirmations, I think the shorter, the simplest sentences are the most powerful. Like :

"I embrace the light"

"I love you" (you = yourself and everything else)

Also, associating affirmations with a music is I think a good way to trigger emotions & brain chemistry (to enhance brain plasticity).

Edited by Soulbass

1 hour ago, Soulbass said:

When I think in my native language (which have a lot more history in my brain) it often have more nuances and it's more complex, but may end to be melancholic/muddy. English on the other hand is simple and straight forward.

Well said. I report the same effect.