Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DocHoliday

Consciousness is Always Conscious of Itself by Default

9 posts in this topic

Consciousness is always conscious of itself by default.
It's the nature of consciousness to be self-aware.
You say that "I am aware", yet you haven't realised that in order to be conscious, there is no you required.
T h e r e   i s   n o   y o u   r e q u i r e d . 
You are awareness, you are consciousness.
God, we're so fucked by language, it's shocking...
If we just took pronouns less literal, our lives would be so much easier.
Damn, if this isn't a good mantra, I don't know what is...
The body is nothing but a medium through which the universe experiences itself.

(click here to read more)

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for Edit: Grammar

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

It's hard for the tongue to taste itself.  It's hard for Awareness to notice itself.  Reality hides in plain sight.  The problem arises due to our conditioning that truth comes via beliefs.  Truth is pre-conceptual actually.  People need to slow down and reconnect with that more basic mundane reality.  That reality that is always lurking there, but rarely paid any attention to directly.  We are bedazzled by thoughts.  We run off with thoughts like children with toys.  How can we pay attention to reality when we're always thinking about something?  It's because consciousness is so mundane that it doesn't notice itself.  Awareness is not sexy, it's not dazzling, it's not distracting.  It's just always there.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

conciousness is itself

leave all mental masturbation about it

One’s center is not one’s center, it is the center of the whole. 

And the ego-center is one’s center.

That is the only difference, but that is a vast difference.- 

6 hours ago, Vingger said:

conciousness is itself

leave all mental masturbation about it

@Vingger Bitch, that’s what I’m saying:P (no offense)

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

How "self"-awareness is created.
The mirror in front of another mirror = INFINITY!/Infinite Feedback

But that Infinity Candle, as nice as it is, is a concept no? I'm trying everything to eliminate a concept, carrying out a non-activity to see a no-thing?

@Neo Sure, it's a concept, but that's not bad thing. Even enlightenment is a concept, yet we still use it to describe and illustrate a particular "thing". Everything that we ascribe any meaning to becomes a symbol and a concept to some degree. We can't escape making use of them but we can start to look beyond it, to see it for what it truly is. 

@Nahm ❤️, Bruh.