beatlemantis

Make life more positive

4 posts in this topic

How do I get rid of the urge to play into my old, negative habits? (i.e. masturbation, junk food, mindless TV and YouTube video reruns, and overall time wasting) I want to spend more time creatively, cooking more healthy food, spending time with friends, focusing on my studies and watching more mindful films.  When I get an urge to do these things, however, I feel weirdly guilty. It's as if I'm realizing I could have been doing these things all along, and once I hit that feeling I start distracting myself with my old habits once again. 

I just want to be rid of them for good - I've gotten relief from them for months at a time, but now I'm just sick of them. Any advice or videos I should refer to to change my mindset? 

Plan it for long term.Its going to take time and perseverence.

Sounds like you're saying and thinking, "Fuck it....I've been doing things wrong for so long that it's too late to make a new choice." 

You've already outlined for yourself what you need to do in order to change your behavior and thinking.....you just need to implement it for a long enough time that you can start to see the benefits. After that, it will become a less effortful habit. For the time being, you have to dig deep and fuel yourself on the dedication of doing something good for yourself. You already know what to do.

The reflection in the mirror will not smile unless you smile first ;) Welcome to the Universe.

B R E A T H E