MarkusSweden

Two separate questions about love and Jesus!

4 posts in this topic

1. Is love/compassion a talent? I'm not talking about romantic or erotic love. I'm talking about God's love. When you literary love the whole of creation. When there is not a single phenomenon or atom that you don't love. From psychedelics it seem like some people experience this love, this oneness love. And some people just realise that the world is non-dual but with no extra affection part to it. Could it be that humans are like ants bees, in the way that we have different tasks? Some are workers, some have talents for adoption and follow conventions to prevent a certain system or culture to collapse. And some are visionaries that develop society to higher degrees of understanding/consciousness and have an extra access to love/compassion and naturally becomes interested in spiritual matters.

2. If Jesus was alive today in the western world. Would he be a total misfit in this technological era? Would he enjoy family meetings where people brag about their carriers and talk about practical matters like cars, houses, money, politics, society and other superficial things. Would he have a car of his own and a smartphone? How would he earn money when there is nothing but flashy superficial occupations out there that barely provides any real value for anyone. :) There is really no place for jesus message in todays bussy world it seems, when everybody lacks attention span longer then a few seconds and only looking for the next fix in terms of sex, movies, material gods, latest version of iPhone, facebook and instagram approval etcetera. Yeah, I can't imagine how his life would unfold in this turbulent era we find ourself in.   

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Anyone would be a techno-misfit if you just snatched them from the first century and dropped them in 2018, so questioning whether Jesus would be kind of misses the point somewhat? He had an ordinary trade (carpenter) for 30 years before he started preaching so I guess he was like your average tradesman today, plus raised the roof at parties with his water into wine trick!

1 hour ago, MarkusSweden said:

And some are visionaries that develop society to higher degrees of understanding/consciousness and have an extra access to love/compassion and naturally becomes interested in spiritual matters.

People with there thinking destroy the earth. This compulsion to develop society destroys society and everything around it. 

The ones who becomes interested in spirituality are seeking psychological security. This perpetuates further psychological insecurity and creates physical insecurity in society and the world. 

If we could only stand still instead of wanting, longing, hoping for somthing other than what is. Then there might be a slowing of the inevitable chaos. As far as I’m concerned, as long as there is this need to become psychologically secure there is no love/compassion at all. 

Edited by Faceless

Jesus can materialise anything he wants out of nothing but he doesn't need anything