Empty

Help Please!!

24 posts in this topic

Ok, I add a few points:

• Spiral Dynamics: it helps you to see where you are at, where other people/groups are at and where your country/culture is at. It might a lot more difficult to emerge into and move through orange/green in your culture than it is in most parts of Europe/US. That in itself can cause anxiety imo.
  • You already meditate. Add some exercise of Yoga/Tai Chi/Qi Gong - for example something like the "5 tibetan rites" don't take much time and are very good
  • You could also try EFT or just do tapping the EFT-points. takes 1-2 minutes. can calm you to some extent. If you are into stuff like that you can read about Kinesiology, which also has different exercises that can help
  • most imporant thing is to accept the reactions in your body. You can anxious and be ok with it. Focus more on feeling connected  than what you say or even if you don't say anything. Don't force making contact or being social, don't avoid and suppress it either.
  • If you are interested you could check out Peter Levine's book "in an unspoken voice" and/or his audio-book "healing trauma" - just so you know different trauma responses and don't take it that seriously. It also gives you some exercises. It is more bottom-up-approach.
  • top-down approaches that could be helpful are the book by David Burns or Byron Katie's "The Work"
  • Focus on yourself and your long term happiness/goals. Most people from school/university you will never see again at age 30, if you don't stay in the same city (or if it's not embedded in your culture to be very loyal people you grow up with or even your family)

That's about it what came to my mind. Don't take my or others advise too seriously. See what resonates and what suits/fits you and your situation.

How can Pure Transparent Empty Awareness hurt Pure Transparent Empty Awareness? 'You' are untouchable, my friend! :)

On 3/5/2016 at 0:47 AM, Toby said:

most imporant thing is to accept the reactions in your body. You can anxious and be ok with it. Focus more on feeling connected  than what you say or even if you don't say anything. Don't force making contact or being social, don't avoid and suppress it either.

@Toby I enjoyed your comments previous to this, but this is gold.  I just learned that the emotional feeling was not always a fact and to just sit with whatever the feelings were.  

• If you are interested you could check out Peter Levine's book "in an unspoken voice" and/or his audio-book "healing trauma" - just so you know different trauma responses and don't take it that seriously. It also gives you some exercises. It is more bottom-up-approach.

Thank you Peter Levine is a great reference for childhood trauma whom  many folks find helpful.

top-down approaches that could be helpful are the book by David Burns or Byron Katie's "The Work"

I must confess I had/have the most resistance and yet received/receive the most benefit from doing Byron Katie's "The Work."

Thank you very well thought out comment with great concrete tools and ideas.

@WHOAMI, thank you for the observation about posture.  Body language conveys quite a bit to others about our internal state.