Raphael

What are the best books on productivity?

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am trying to improve my productivity by working better, smarter, and more effectively. I would like to know what are from your perspectives the best productivity books. If you also have personal tips feel free to share them here :)

For books I recommend: Deep Work by Cal Newport, The One Thing by Gary Keller and Flow by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Recommend reading deep work first its so key and then the others.

I also made a video on Deep Work:

agree with dude deep work is awesome for productivity, an alternative is ultra learning and deliberate practice(but mostly for learning related)

single-tasking is really effective and blocking time especially for productivity as if it were a dentist appointment especially if you can make it a habit and add routines and rituals but also make sure you get enough recovery so you can continue in the long run without burning out

@Raphael flow can be productivity but in deep work cal newport (or somewhere else) says that flow doesn't lead to improvement it's probably fine for just productivity but deep work, is not the feeling of flow and can be uncomfortable but the advantage of deep work is that it produces a massive amount of high-quality work in a shorter period of time and that can give you satisfaction afterwards (not during or before but after thats how i understood it) flow state may produce work from the skills you already have deep work is what improve your skills/knowlegde 

@BjarkeT What he said lol, it gives you even more reason to do deep work. because you'll end up in flow, it's not essential but its very interesting.

something else that may be important to mention is that deep work is a skill that you can improve its not something you just can change from one day to the other and be extremely good at but if you practice deep work you should be able to get to the levels where you produce this kind of massive productivity the good news at least from experience is that it seems it doesn't take a while for the brain to be bored(its required to be bored to do deep work to aviod attention residue and so the relevent neruons to what you do can fire faster) and get your mind to focus on the required intensity for deep work maybe around 3 days with zero distractions and without checking the internet(at all) may get you on the way  

10 hours ago, Soulbass said:

mastery - george leonard

Already read this one!

@Raphael then wallace d. wattles is great i think, for it's "deliberate practice" aiming a goal while processing in full awareness.