abrakamowse

Ego Trap? Or True Observer?

36 posts in this topic

On 2.3.2016 at 7:22 PM, abrakamowse said:
On 2.3.2016 at 4:22 PM, Isle of View said:

Oh, there is an I although there is no Self?

Quite interesting. 

I'm not enlightened but in my primitive mind I can image that the I... is the famous "I AM"

:-)

Thanks @abrakamowse , but my question was directly addressed in the context of the foregoing exchange between the two of us.

Kind regards,
Chris 

@Isle of View  No problem, I just found the conversation interesting. I don't have that point clear myself.

And I wasn't trying to give an answer. 

:)

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

On 2.3.2016 at 8:45 PM, Isle of View said:

Thanks, gotcha.

:) Lets see if can shed some light on the topic 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

I think this website it's pretty interesting. 

http://www.esotericscience.org

I don't get it. Plus, I believe that it is just a perspective and enlightenment for true self is cool I like it. The no self thing is nihilism and bullshit.  

I don't get very well the no-self concept.

I understand the ego is a construct of the mind, it doesn't exist. 

But from what I am understanding is the real self who exists. It's not just what we think it is.

Is it that true self the Collective conscious?

Edited by abrakamowse

Thank you very much for the explanation. I know It can't be explained but somehow I understand the idea. Sounds amazing.

Thanks for taking the time to explain!

1 hour ago, An actualizer said:

Can you explain how does this latter link make sense? Because I don't really understand the conversation very well. :) Thanks

I was trying to observe my thoughts, so I made the conclusion that I was the observer. Observing my thoughts.

But then a thought appeared in my mind asking "what if that wasn't the observer"??

But you have to know that this is a thought too. And the thoughts know nothing. For that reason the link I sent is saying that is better to observe an object, to simplify because we know what we are observing. We don't know the "observer". 

Edited by abrakamowse

Basically,  it is not a science and I don't need to have. But, I think we all are connected with God this way like eastern teachings. If you have any evidence I mean willing 

On 2/3/2016 at 10:28 AM, Ayla said:

This is what it says it is: A THOUGHT :P 

Don't identify with any thought. See them for what they are: THOUGHTS, let them go. Don't even put yourself down for having thoughts...just see, let go. see, let go. :)

I have got a question to that. When you are focusing and sink deep down, you do get a heavier body right? I've been doing this and i feel that for every time i do it, that my body get's heavier aswell. Is that a right feeling?

Just now, StonerLord said:

I have got a question to that. When you are focusing and sink deep down, you do get a heavier body right? I've been doing this and i feel that for every time i do it, that my body get's heavier aswell. Is that a right feeling?

How sure you are that it is YOUR body ? :D 

Who is that you there thinking it has a body? 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

1 hour ago, Ayla said:

I ain't. When i am doing the 'deep transcending' and get out of it because my mind begin to dwell or give up, then when i get out of it for to scratch my nose or feel my breath or lift my arm, it feels heavier, as if i had been in a deep trance and i feel, as if i had meditated, just with more effects ...

Edited by StonerLord

1 hour ago, Ayla said:

I understand that I have no body.

I understand I am not my ego.

I am still like processing about being awareness ... and what is awareness? A point of consciousness?

What's consciousness??? Lol

Are these things revealed to us when we reach enlightenment? (if we reach it :P )

Edited by abrakamowse