Shakazulu

Innovators

8 posts in this topic

To be an innovator in a select market, how important is the strength of appreciating beauty( taste) towards finding something new/  creating something new

Probably not that important it seems mostly like something the keep being motivated or an emotional thing which is 100% ok but I don't think it's the key to make something remarkable or rarer and valuable you could probably go with out it and still be able to make something that makes a difference if you have the knowledge to. but it is also more important than just appreciate creating something new also important to act on it :) 

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT I hear that, but if one can appreciate beauty, does he not have the ability to be aware of what's tasteful and fresh compared to what isn't? 

Maybe sometimes but you may not always like what everyone else will find valuable and if you find something everyone else likes you would need some way to comfirm other people do like it so it isn't just a belief if you don't have anything else than the appreciation for it. you probably should have the appreciation for it but I don't think it's something that's will be the key to what you will produce that probably more likely rarer and valuable skills(if you read so good they can't ignore by cal newport you will know why)

Edited by BjarkeT

If you're referring into being an artist, yes I think it is. Anyway, I consider myself an artist and I don't like to see museums, or visual beauty. What I find beautiful is normally excellence, when people do their best, etc... 

So, the bad news is that for me the answer is yes. 

The good news is that what you consider beauty can be anything

@Shakazulu  I think of innovators as a cross between trend-setters, inventors, and revolutionaries....  None of which need " good taste" although it may help in some cases... The most valuable skills would be: forward/ future thinking, marketing, passion, cutting edge ideas- bring future into present, creativity, dreaming, drive for change,  etc...