7thLetter

How is life just a dream?

90 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What we’re focused on is personal development I thought.

You seem to have mistaken me for someone you imagine me to be ;)

6 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

You seem to have mistaken me for someone you imagine me to be ;)

We are discussing impersonal things here. Nobody’s said anything personal.  That’s YOUR projection, not anything to do with this discussion.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor  If it were taken personally then where is the trigger switch for conflict mode? Anyway, maybe I could get into impersonal development ;)

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I still can’t figure out his motive in that video.  Something is missing.  It’s like a contemporary art piece that leaves you walking away with something, but you’re not sure what.

Jo, it’s literal. This is what waking up is. It’s not tongue & cheek. It’s not a metaphor. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

7 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

@Joseph Maynor  If it were taken personally then where is the trigger switch for conflict mode? Anyway, maybe I could get into impersonal development ;)

Nice attempt to rationalize your way out of this — but no.

7 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Jo, it’s literal. This is what waking up is. It’s not tongue & cheek. It’s not a metaphor. 

You seem pretty certain.  Almost as certain as I am that it’s false.  Who’s right?  See?  This is where dogma is at issue.  There’s a deeper lesson here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

@Joseph Maynor  Used to be in conflict mode too, so I can empathize.

You appear to be blind to certain things about yourself and tend to project.  Have you done any shadow work?  You’re not saying anything about me — you’re telling us who you are.  Who is in conflict mode as you allege?  You and I are engaging in a side discussion that YOU prompted initially.  I just held a mirror up to you, and that made you uncomfortable — and you dealt with that by turning attention to me in a quite desperate and funny way.  Am I wrong?  We have the record here to review.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Have you done shadow work?

Yes, hence no conflict mode.

7 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

Yes, hence no conflict mode.

You shouldn’t continue to lie to yourself.  We can see plainly that that’s not true from the record here.  You have not transcended “conflict mode” as you allege.  I’m gonna drop this now as the issue is resolved and therefore moot.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

34 minutes ago, snowleopard said:

@Joseph Maynor  Sure, let's drop it, no problem.

Everything you say and do is a reflection of you telling us who YOU are.  That’s because all there is is you.  There is no conflict, that’s an Egoic interpretation of reality.  There is only reality.  And reality is one.  So any perception of conflict is an Egoic mis-interpretation of reality — a clinging to beliefs about reality.  Do you see?  Sorry to use you as a test case here, but this fell into my lap.  This is a teachable moment for all of us.  Are you really as much without Ego as you believe you are?  How much have you actually transcended the Ego versus the extent to which you believe you have done so?  Do you appreciate that the Ego might hide this truth from you?  The Ego who believes it is without Ego is pretty sneaky indeed.  So, I’ve shined a light on this issue here.  We should all examine this issue within ourselves, including myself too of course.  The Spiritual Ego is a huge trap in this work.  It’s a well known but incredibly sneaky and hard to see blind-spot.  It’s almost unconscious in its operation.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor What is my dogma?

The belief that reality is a dream.  That’s not reality at all.  That’s an idea about reality.  This is so basic. Am I wrong?  I realize there is a strong desire to defend Leo’s thesis — but let’s not fool ourselves with our stories.  We are monkey-minds, remember?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

45 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Joseph Maynor That’s not what Dogma is. I am pointing to what you can directly experience.

Being cannot be encapsulated under any concept.  It’s best to just be reality instead of trying to conceptually know it.  Reality is best known through being it not through conceptual description.  When you can be reality, conceptualization about it loses all importance.  Concepts about reality then become almost like counterfeit money.  In contrast, right now you probably believe that concepts about reality are highly-important.  But that’s part of our cultural predilection for the paradigm that conceptual-truth is an important kind of truth.  Know reality by being it.  Rest as awareness.   It’s like the difference between doing something and reading about doing something.  Reading about having sex is not the same as actually having sex.  I hate to use that example, but it’s a poignant one and drives home my point I think very well.  This is Valentine’s Day after all.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor