DocHoliday

Deep Insight For You

9 posts in this topic

"We always tend to judge and treat other people accordingly to the degree to which we can see ourselves reflecting in them."

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

14 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

"We always tend to judge and treat other people accordingly to the degree to which we can see ourselves reflecting in them."

Disagree, people judge that which they can't understand - precisely because it is far from what they take themselves to be. People know very well what they take themselves to be, they can't misunderstand that. Invalid statement in my view, maybe valid in yours. 

🌟

🌟  The  🌟 Logos 🌟

🌟

2 hours ago, Dodo said:

Disagree, people judge that which they can't understand - precisely because it is far from what they take themselves to be. People know very well what they take themselves to be, they can't misunderstand that. Invalid statement in my view, maybe valid in yours. 

@Dodo Well, yeah...that's what I was saying.xD They judge what they can't understand BECAUSE they don't properly understand it. When you understand that everybody else is also essentially you in a way, and that you could be in the other one's position in life just as easily, then you're going to treat them in a very different sort of way, compared to when you think of them to be seperate from you and therefore, of a lower or higher value relative to you. 

Edited by DocHoliday

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Remember.png

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Yes that is very true! Many "spiritual" people definitely get mindfucked from time to time when they realise that not everybody really resonates with their presence, even though they try to be as loving and embracing as they can. People are still people, so we wanna watch out for self-deception, right.-_-

Great quote.

Meditation is the mind training itself. You are just along for the ride.

@Gopackgo Thanks. Even though I kinda quoted myself there;
this does not come from somebody else, otherwise, I would have put his name behind it.xD