Krishna Siva

Not sure if I’m meditating properly

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I’m feeling like I’m doing meditation the wrong way.

My process usually goes like:

• First few moments are silent
  • Extreme amount of thoughts occur, but I don't care
  • The thoughts reduce to an extent but still prevail
  • I get carried away by some thoughts for an moment, but come back.

It's never silent. I've been doing this for 2 weeks now, and haven't seemed to get a grip yet. Any idea on how to improve my condition, guys?

Hello Krishna, 

Its normal that your meditation is like that if you've only been doing it for two weeks, meditation is a practice and the more you do it the better it'll get. 

The first goal it to make it a habit, don't push yourself into getting in any special state or anything.
Just sit there trying to be still, calm, and vigilant of all the sensations or thoughts. Your mind will wonder and that's OK, just try to notice when it is wondering and say on your mind "I am thinking" and maybe the thoughts will go, don't answer to them, only listen and they will fade away. 

Also don't focus too much on what you are doing when you are there, don't try to force your mind into anything, just be there. 
The important thing when you begin is to focus on doing it daily, be serious about doing it, make it a moment of your day, and with some time it'll just get better and better :)

Connect to Create ☼♡

I agree with @Psyche_92. Your mind is going to want to over think the situation and psyche you out of meditation. But don't fall into that trap. People who have a majority of their meditation with complete silence are seasoned meditators.  

@Krishna Siva Meditation is like this. I've come to a point where is really hard to silence to mind after a long period of being good at it. The mind is always thinking

The best lession you can have is accepting it. And it is hard.

Expect everything like that and more. Than you'll move on

I remembered something important today, many people struggle with meditation because they close their eyes completely which allows the mind to wander freely and usually quite a lot. Now here is the secret, don't close your eyes completely, leave a little opening so you can focus on that and breathe and you will notice the mind does not wander as much because you are keeping focus on one spot. Hope this helps

B R E A T H E