Ryan_047

Self worth

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

I'm looking for ways to increase my self worth.How do I do that?Please practical answers and not "there is no self so increasing your self esteem and self worth is useless" like of answers...-_-

I realized that basing my self worth on external factors is not healthy for my mental health.Also..how do I discover my values and personal qualities?(yes,I know that this kind of things are in Leo's course but for objective reasons I can't buy it..for now).Again..please practical answers and not theory that you've heard from other people and decide to splash it here...

2 minutes ago, Ryan_047 said:

Hello!

I'm looking for ways to increase my self worth.How do I do that?Please practical answers and not "there is no self so increasing your self esteem and self worth is useless" like of answers...-_-

I realized that basing my self worth on external factors is not healthy for my mental health.Also..how do I discover my values and personal qualities?(yes,I know that this kind of things are in Leo's course but for objective reasons I can't buy it..for now).Again..please practical answers and not theory that you've heard from other people and decide to splash it here...

Have you read the book, The Six Pillars of Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden? That book might just answer all the questions you have. Pretty sure it’s on Leo’s recommended books list too.

One could also negate all the ideas, concepts, theory’s accumulated through knowledge about how we think we should be. Then ask oneself if there is no measure and no projected image would one suffer and ask this question about self worth at all?

Is this measure “thought” as in comparison between this and that the cause of this self questioning? 

You don't need to increase your self worth, you need to recognize it.

Being concentrated only on the external doesn't do much, because there you are not focused on yourself, but on futile things. You will never find yourself outside, you will just face the miserable consequences.

The external dictates your life, not your authentic self. You're looking for your authentic self, you need to approach yourself, spend time with yourself, until then you will just depend on the other's opinions and their vision of what you are capable of.

On 23/01/2018 at 10:44 PM, Ryan_047 said:

Hello!

@Ryan_047 It is useless sorry...You have to understand that either everything is valueless or everything has equal value. If your not understanding this then you're deluding yourself. Again sorry but it is how it is. Don't waste your time trying to increase a non existent self's non existent worth. Rather appreciate the beauty of existence.  Also realise whatever judgements people make about you are projections of themselves. Your question just assumes you have low self worth.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

@Ryan_047 The default is prefect as is, the self worth issue is from having repeated thoughts about your self that don’t align with perfect as is. Meditation is great for letting thoughts go / detaching from them in regards to this extent, having attached emotionally to thoughts about self. Unconditional love is mysterious in that it is love, and also is, unconditional. We can think it is this or that, even feel that it is this or that, even experience that it is this or that - but it never changed in actuality. So, practicing letting thoughts go, and non attachment. 

The spoon doesn’t bend or accommodate, the ego does, until there is no spoon or ego.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE