Leo-Tzu

Video game addiction [progression]

6 posts in this topic

I've read a thread about this before so i wanted to share some encouraging events of mine.

2. Months before

Sucked up completely on mobas, single player rpgs, nintendo switch (bought almost 500$ games in a year). 

1 Month before

Decided to quit for good, do the inner work, meditate everyday. But still got some gaming urges.

5 weeks ago 

Gifted my LoL account (plat 1 56 lp in the verge of reaching diamond, you know how addictive the game is in that case, with 60+ skins), the guy changed the pass so i can never access it again.

4 weeks ago

Finished all singleplayer games and decided not to buy a single one anymore in my entire life . . . Sold my steam account for some cash. . .

Packed up my nintendo switch and haven't touched it yet (i got some urges to play mariokart or some fast shit but i know where it might lead so i dont)

31 december 2017 

Watched Leo's video that was posted on 17 december about motivation, it moved me so much. Decided to do the work, do the actual emotional labour and change my philosophy about failure in real life. . . That was keeping me stuck before. 

1 january - today - hopefully til i die

I meditate everyday for at least 30 min

Cleared myself totally from videogames ( the last step is selling my switch but til now i havent found a buyer because with all the games it costs like 800$ . . . Huge amount . . . Maybe ill gift it to the orphanage ,thinking about it ) thanks to this experience i think ill never get addicted in anything anymore for good

Im more conscious about my diet, i eat healthy once again , my sleep scheduled improved , i dont depend on melatonine pills anymore to sleep 7-8 hours. . . (I took everynight 1 pill in order to sleep)

Started running 2-3 times a week, my resistance is improving day by day , before i got tired even by the stairs.

Decided to try the noFap challenge of 1 month but i continue to fail miserably every 7-8 days. I will still keep up til i reach a month or 2.

Moved out my parents home to my apartment (i had it before because of some circumstances but i was renting it to people in order to permit my all day gaming experience. . . . )

Apply for jobs or internships , took some interviews. . . . Waiting

Visited the doctor about some problem i left unconsciosly behind before.

And the most important thing til now is that i feel great like i did 3-4 years ago where i was going out, hittin the gym, dating beautiful girls (even tv hosts) but since i was doing it from an unconscious state i wasnt even being aware or enjoying it as much. . . I know i'm not even in 0.000001% of my hero's journey but i feel motivated, i feel there's a lot more out there to be experienced. In general i've planned that in 10 years i want to . . . Move away from my poor country, travel as much as possible make many friends around the world, study an instrument, psychedelics ectect . . . 

It all started January 1 with 20 min meditation and a single affirmation "I WILL MEDITATE EVERYDAY TIL THE DAY I DIE" and things that before seemed mountains now look like river stones. 

Edited by Leo-Tzu

3 hours ago, Leo-Tzu said:

I've read a thread about this before so i wanted to share some encouraging events of mine.

2. Months before

Sucked up completely on mobas, single player rpgs, nintendo switch (bought almost 500$ games in a year). 

1 Month before

Decided to quit for good, do the inner work, meditate everyday. But still got some gaming urges.

5 weeks ago 

Gifted my LoL account (plat 1 56 lp in the verge of reaching diamond, you know how addictive the game is in that case, with 60+ skins), the guy changed the pass so i can never access it again.

4 weeks ago

Finished all singleplayer games and decided not to buy a single one anymore in my entire life . . . Sold my steam account for some cash. . .

Packed up my nintendo switch and haven't touched it yet (i got some urges to play mariokart or some fast shit but i know where it might lead so i dont)

31 december 2017 

Watched Leo's video that was posted on 17 december about motivation, it moved me so much. Decided to do the work, do the actual emotional labour and change my philosophy about failure in real life. . . That was keeping me stuck before. 

1 january - today - hopefully til i die

I meditate everyday for at least 30 min

Cleared myself totally from videogames ( the last step is selling my switch but til now i havent found a buyer because with all the games it costs like 800$ . . . Huge amount . . . Maybe ill gift it to the orphanage ,thinking about it ) thanks to this experience i think ill never get addicted in anything anymore for good

Im more conscious about my diet, i eat healthy once again , my sleep scheduled improved , i dont depend on melatonine pills anymore to sleep 7-8 hours. . . (I took everynight 1 pill in order to sleep)

Started running 2-3 times a week, my resistance is improving day by day , before i got tired even by the stairs.

Decided to try the noFap challenge of 1 month but i continue to fail miserably every 7-8 days. I will still keep up til i reach a month or 2.

Moved out my parents home to my apartment (i had it before because of some circumstances but i was renting it to people in order to permit my all day gaming experience. . . . )

Apply for jobs or internships , took some interviews. . . . Waiting

Visited the doctor about some problem i left unconsciosly behind before.

And the most important thing til now is that i feel great like i did 3-4 years ago where i was going out, hittin the gym, dating beautiful girls (even tv hosts) but since i was doing it from an unconscious state i wasnt even being aware or enjoying it as much. . . I know i'm not even in 0.000001% of my hero's journey but i feel motivated, i feel there's a lot more out there to be experienced. In general i've planned that in 10 years i want to . . . Move away from my poor country, travel as much as possible make many friends around the world, study an instrument, psychedelics ectect . . . 

It all started January 1 with 20 min meditation and a single affirmation "I WILL MEDITATE EVERYDAY TIL THE DAY I DIE" and things that before seemed mountains now look like river stones. 

You are king. 

@Shroomdoctor @Nahm thanks lol, but i did nothing except taking action.

@blazed i know, those are the days i double my meditation. Thanks

I posted this for people who might have the same problem everything else come easier if they start with a meditation habit.

Nice man. I threw my gaming pc away 3 weeks ago and sold my PS4 last week. Trying to sell my 65" flatscreen as well. It's been strange with all the time i have on my hands now, but it needed to happen. Procrastinating with video games has probably been my biggest way of distracting myself all my life. Anyways, good luck going forward!

Edited by AxelK

@AxelK you too. Try meditating to fill some free time. It will clear your mind even more and make you focus on your future goals