Ayla

Dismantling Spiritual Catch Phrases

13 posts in this topic

I see a lot of phrases like that flying around as Truths, so I thought of starting a topic where we could question them. I expect a lot of woo-woo mind here... but that's OK. That is also consciousness :) 

WE ARE ALL ONE... lol - it makes me laugh!!! It's been so used and abused and mostly, one could feel that the energy behind it is all wrong... even if the truth one can think is behind it, is there.

Already "we are" sounds scratchy. In human language, WE refers to more than one. No such thing. Do you see more than a cloud when there's a cloud? 

ARE.. also this seems finite. ARE versus are not/this will cease to be. FALSE.

ALL it the most dissonant. ALL throws into despair. Keeps into "you" that is separate from "another".

And than there's this ONE that mind can f*ck with you forever lol. People mistake those experiences of them merging with a tree for enlightenment...  It still is experiencing. It is still mind playing with you..  How can "I" be one with a tree? People lose years, lifetimes even clinging to this one. 

So 

There is no WE

There is no ARE

There is not ALL 

and There is no ONE

None of that stuff is real. 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Yeah. Totally true. People just switch their vocabulary but underderlying is the same structure. It is possible with every concept, also the "neti neti" approach. "Everything is illusion", "i am the whitness", "i am", "nothingness", "emptiness", "unity", "Self", "no self", "here and now", "love", "bliss", "be still", "you are that"... Different traditions have different words and concepts which can be taught to a parrot which doesn't render him awake. Even though "he is also the one". Of course.

"Have you read the bible?" today is like "Have you read 'I am That'?". And "have you heard of Jesus?" now is almost like "have you heard of Ramana?".

Expressions and pointers of truth can quickly become just concepts if not spoken from truth. But they all can be amazing pointers if they are spoken from truth.

Just now, Toby said:

Expressions and pointers of truth can quickly become just concepts if not spoken from truth. But they all can be amazing pointers if they are spoken from truth.

"problem" is that people cling to them and try to make sense of them... speak them, "meditate" with them... cling to them as if they were "solid" ... 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

-A lot of people seem to think 'consciousness' is some ghost that is flying all around us that is seeing what 'we' are seeing.

-People judging other people for being of "low consciousness" LOL

-An "Enlightened being" has become some kind of mythical superhero status, especially here on actualized.org lol

-The advice of "You just have to let go"(I have been guilty of this one lol). This phrase only makes sense for someone who has actually let go, for someone who is full on attached to their believes it doesn't make much sense. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)

"We are all One"

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUfk2QnUfQc&index=1&list=PLDF642D086CDD2711

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0OexbB-EXM&index=61&list=WL (the part with the particle experiment where it show how everything is truly one)

3. At the very core of our being we are all identical, in a way being the same is almost like being one but let's take it one step farther than that, what if we are not just the "Same" in the sense that we're identical but that we all share the exact same core except we can't see it on this 3 dimensional reality.

Imagine a Light Orb and there's a bunch of 2d lines going out from it and we're all individual lines but we're all that exact same light orb, aka we're all one.
In this example you can imagine that the fourth dimension is time (although I'm not sure if that'd be correct but that doesn't really matter for now) and we're all arriving from the beginning from the same "nothingness" but we think we are different from each other because in this 3d world we can only see the so called "present" and thus we can't see how we are all one on this level unless we bring that "Blast from the Past" in to the future (or vice versa as everything is cycling, waiting to return to source) to light up the world.

4. You contain the entire cosmos within you a thousand times over because the world is holographic (that one should also be explained in the second link)

3 minutes ago, Keyblade Viking said:

4. You contain the entire cosmos within you a thousand times over because the world is holographic (that one should also be explained in the second link)

Have you read the book "The holographic universe"? I heard it's amazing, and what you wrote sounds exactly like what could be in that book.

Just now, The Alchemist said:

Have you read the book "The holographic universe"? I heard it's amazing, and what you wrote sounds exactly like what could be in that book.

No but I've watched some videos on the topic and it make complete sense to me :) 

@Keyblade Viking

14 hours ago, Ayla said:

even if the truth one can think is behind it, is there.

I was not implying this is not true. But the words used are far from describing how it really feels. Words used are separating. "ALL" is an illusion. "ONE" is almost impossible to grasp for human mind... 

Still, many people use this phrase and struggle to see through it. I see that as a trap! :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

31 minutes ago, Ayla said:

@Keyblade Viking

I was not implying this is not true. But the words used are far from describing how it really feels. Words used are separating. "ALL" is an illusion. "ONE" is almost impossible to grasp for human mind... 

Still, many people use this phrase and struggle to see through it. I see that as a trap! :) 

Except to describe what cannot be described with words is impossible in the first place.  The only thing we CAN use are words.  I understand your point, but how else should we express ourselves?  Chriss Grosso in his book, "Indie Spiritualist", calls a lot of spiritual catchphrases "popular spirituality".  Gee whiz I have nothing stylish to wear to my meditation group.  Get the gist?  The whole purpose of this forum is to share experience.  Unfortunately it can only be described with language, annoying catchphrases and all!

@Ramu

There's a struggle - most likely by personhood left here - to try and help the unveiling :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Words spoken are felt as being lies here. Along with the impossibility to speak what is not truth. 

Back to I here goes. :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

5 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Words spoken are felt as being lies here. Along with the impossibility to speak what is not truth. 

Back to I here goes. :)

First of all, relax.  This is supposed to be fun, not stressful.  Check out www.headless.org and do the experiments.  Eye opening!

@Ramu :) 

Yes, person will relax into this too... 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com