Shakazulu

Saving time

6 posts in this topic

Ive noticed myself constantly trying to preserve as much time possible to read, work on life purpose etc. And now I realized that the effort to save time rarely works how I imagined

@Shakazulu So what's your explicit point you want to make here?:) Is it agitating you that you don't find enough time to do those things, or did you just want to make an observational statement? 

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@DocHoliday  an observational statement, from a perspective, of nothing is in our control. MOST times I still do find a way to get things done. But the way isn't always mine ;)

@Shakazulu  Yeah, there's a lot of truth in that.xD

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

@Shakazulu Sure, I find things always take longer than I expect and tend to over estimate my ability to get things done. One thing i've been doing recently is setting a timer for certain tasks/activities. You can relax and put all your focus into the task/activity at hand, without having to think about preserving time for other activities. Works really well for me. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Shakazulu

Schedule, schedule, schedule.

I resisted scheduling for awhile because I thought I wanted "freedom" and to "be in the moment". And while I do want those things, scheduling the right way doesn't negatively impact that. It helps.

Before you go to sleep, put in your calendar for tomorrow when you going to read, work on your life purpose and whatever else you're doing. And then just stick to the schedule.