Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Socrates

Getting a job wasn't a good idea

7 posts in this topic

After being in my job for a couple months I realized it is not such a good idea. It is a d2d sales job and after working 9-6 every day you are not even guaranteed money for your day's work unless you sell something, I am not going to go into detail to what money we get but it is barely minimum wage and only IF you sell something every day.

So my dilemma is if I should stay in my current job (still 1>0 $) or if I should make it a part-time thing and work only in the mornings while working on my LP in the evening. I wondering if there are any jobs that would benefit from people like me with knowledge of the stuff we do here but I doubt it. 

The ideal scenario would be a job that also pays well, doesn't fry my brain like the sales one and also has a schedule open enough for me to work on my LP.

Would it be worth it to do an online gig just to make some bucks in order to have the freedom of working on my LP without worrying about food and bills?

What should I do based on your judgment?

I used to do d2d sales too. I hated it and felt like I was suffocating because I couldn't be myself. Do you enjoy it? 

@Socrates Be a truck driver ;) 

Plenty of time to think, plenty of time to do your LP while getting paid.

@Arman Yeah it is not fun but I'd do it if i made more money or got good business knowledge and not just bs sales techniques.

I have a friend who works at a small gas station where customers visit like once every 20-30 minutes. Whilst they're away he plays guitar, reads books, plays games.. whatever he feels like. I really wanna find a job that's passive like that and allows me to work on myself during downtime. 

Maybe go part time with the sales job and hunt for something else in your free time? The generating money online idea is cool. Maybe have a look around in life and be aware of all kinds of ways people are making passive income? 

I know this feeling so well. I really hate those 9-17 jobs too! it takes all your time and makes you depressed. I respect those people who can do it, still keep there insanity and make time to work on their goals and dreams .

First of all I think you should figure out what your dream career is or what you really wanna do in life. If you really just wanna meditate and learn stuff about self actualization, you need something where you can get enough money to live, but still don't use up all your time. For myself I use most of my strength and time doing art and doing self development work, therefore I also need my own time, and I maybe have had some jobs that could inspire you.. I am introverted an don't like stressfull jobs or jobs with a lot of noise or people watching my every move. 

I have had jobs like cleaning - it' doesn't pay well, but if it is at some peoples private home you can usually be finished on maybe 1-2 hours even though you are hired for the double time. And that can be really useful. Also you can see the time your cleaning as free workout + you can listen to leos videos or audiobooks while cleaning. It is also cool to get a glimpse of the life of rich people who has a totally different view on life than yourself. 

Also I worked for a year as a private caretaker for 1 year-old girl. That job was really great because she slept for two-three hours in the middle of the day, and in those ours I meditated, watched Leos videos or wrote (I also write plays as a part of my art-dream)  Taking care of a child is really a good experience and it teaches you a lot about yourself.I think maybe that job was my best one, because I really developed a relationship with the baby. She made me feel a lot of different feelings, and it was hard work (when she was awake) but we had many great days and experiences out in nature and I took her to baby-music class. She was so scared in the beginning but I kept on taking her, and she enden up liking it a lot - that feeling of seeing her develop from shy and anxious to becoming brave and happy.. That was really amazing. So that job ended up being a part of my self-development work I think.

After and during that job I actually also tried sexwork. That can be a really quick way to make a lot of money. You can work for maybe one or two hours every other day and easily make enough money to live. This I would only recommend to people who really have their mind set on a goal, and are at peace with themselves though. It is really hard work and I had to quit because it started to have a negative impact on my personal life, but everyone is different and some people can handle it. I used the money I made on a half year long acting course - It can be a good job for a period in your life where you really need money, but need your own time to work on your dreams at the same time.

At last I started at the university, but that is because I am so lucky that my country give people money to study, so I think I might just stay there a bit until I hopefully will get accepted into the school of performing arts.

So well, that is maybe some inspiration :) Good luck! 

21 hours ago, Socrates said:

Would it be worth it to do an online gig just to make some bucks in order to have the freedom of working on my LP without worrying about food and bills?

Well, if you are thinking about Internet Marketing, then it will fry your brain even more. But the money is good. I have owned a few websites and worked with people selling penis enlargement pills and all that shit, very unsatisfying and numbing work.

If you have some skills like copywriting, photoshop editing, etc., then you can try websites like UpWork or Fiverr. Translation on Fiverr is especially easy to get started, after 3 months you are earning a minimal wage and can only scale up from there, depending on how much you are willing to work.