Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joseph Maynor

What are we Missing Out on Since We Don't Live like Buddhists in a Monastery

8 posts in this topic

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to just leave it all behind and become a Sadhu or something.

Watch this wonderful documentary:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Well there's a lot less distraction, which sounds nice. But I'm attached to my distractions so it also sounds like a bit of a drag.

@Joseph Maynor Actually, monks are the people who are missing out on a lot of things than us... They deny one part of the life while people who are not spiritual seekers are unaware of the other part..But we can embrace both

Read about Zorba, the Buddha... That is something Osho said. That's how people  of modern days should be. Rich both inside as well as outside!

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

5 minutes ago, Shanmugam said:

@Joseph Maynor Actually, monks are the people who are missing out on a lot of things than us... They deny one part of the life while people who are not spiritual seekers are unaware of the other part..But we can embrace both

Read about Zorba, the Buddha... That is something Osho said. That's how people  of modern days should be. Rich both inside as well as outside!

I totally agree with you. I suspect that is why it takes so many years for many them for the full realization. Maybe that’s because they supress way too much. They follow one perspective and traditions. I’m not saying that is smth negative I just see some correlation here. But that’s only my belief because I don’t know for sure how these people live in reality...

Edited by egoless

This is just my opinion but... I think that in general monks are happier than us.

It seems crazy to become a monk but maybe its crazier to live how we live in modern society.

I dont have the balls to become one though xD  

@Shanmugam monks meditate more than you

You are giving up progress in meditation for progress in other things 

I'm not saying whats right and wrong I'm just saying that monks are not missing out on anything because they decided to devote their life to meditation.

That's like saying I'm missing out on eating meat because I decided to become a vegetarian.

My two cents

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

4 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What are we Missing Out on Since We Don't Live like Buddhists in a Monastery

Life experience.   Poverty.   Malnutrition.   Mosquitoes.

5 minutes ago, Outer said:

Try watching the documentary again, but turn off the sound and use only subtitles, since the utility will be the same, right? See how your ego forms differently.

I agree. He must be very emotionally sensitive after his lsd trip. @Joseph Maynor