Max_V

Learning how to learn.

6 posts in this topic

I want to learn how to study and embody knowledge. For example with school work most  now that I have test-week around the corner. How do I embody the knowledge best, how can I make sure the connections in my brain are made, etc. I want to ace my school grades and get my foundation right.

Also with the Life purpose course and any other self-help, and consciousness-work material. How do I take in information best? 

Do you guys have videos, books, any information that can help me become a better learner? I would appreciate it very much.

Edited by Max_V

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Deep work, deliberate pratice 100% immersion(for language) pratice testing, explain like i am five, active recall, rapid learner by scott h young how to become a straigt a student cal newport, learning how to learn online course, ultra learning scott h young, spaced repetition, over learning, depth of processing, attention residue, a mind for numbers, the feynman technique 

authors:

scott h young, anderson erickson, daniel coyle, cal newport, babara okley(may have spelled the names wrong)

i recomend starting with deep work as it will help to learn about the other techniques faster xD

but there is no quick fix for learning only how you do it more effectively (you can't escape that hard work but it doesn't still mean it can be rewarding or that you still can get what you are looking for)

Edited by BjarkeT

@Psyche_92 No I haven't haha, that's a big one!

Thank you

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

scott young's rapid learner course was a game changer for me. sign up for his newsletter, he only opens the course for 2 weeks in the year 

i do have all his vids downloaded though 

Maybe you are big picture learner first go threw the book examine it (if you know spead reading it even better) then when you know the skeleton you can learn the bones(detailes) in last leos video he said if you want to know something you should learn all the association words around the word you need to know(that makes perfect sense and that is why i sucked at learning because you should know all previous informations about that word to truly understand it) and thats why many people hate learning because they start to learn late when subject is developed(especially in math) and they try to catch up by learning something but they dont have fundation from previous lectures...