kieranperez

What If I’m Wrong About Personal Development?

5 posts in this topic

I’m an inch away from pulling the trigger and saying it fuck it to my fears. I’ve had it with this being subjected to being called “crazy” “mentally ill” and all this stuff and delusional. I'll spare the drama behind all of this but what’s terrifying me causing me to hold myself back is this:

what if all thisbpersonal development is wrong? I trust @Leo Gura intuitively and this work but fuck... what if I’m wrong about all this? I’m afraid people will be right about me being stupid with this self help stuff? I love my dad but he in just so toxic for me and part of my intuition knows I need to do what I gotta do with my life. Especially now that I feel determined to take on my life purpose. On the other hand... I don’t want to say ‘this ain’t your fucking life. I’m livig life on my terms,’ then bail and be wrong about it then I will have cut myself from my family and then will be alone. I don’t want to lose that. 

I guess I just am afraid of throwing caution to the wind because I don’t want to sacrifice my deepest held personal relationships... even if they might be toxic... it wasn’t all bad. These people have good intentions but it’s not healthy anymore. I’m made out as this delusional bad person and all this sort of stuff. What if I’m wrong about all this work at the cost of losing my dad and my family?...

I feel you. It's hard to let go of the familiar. I know it's scary and it's ripping you apart.

You don't have to make any decisions right now. Just try to relax if you can. You don't have to prove anything to anyone, nor do you have to cut any people from your life.

This is inner work. You can stay exactly where you are and not do anything except look inside and accept the turmoil within until it calms down. Just relax.

What you got is a strategy game in front of you. You got your cards, and now you need to decide how you want to play them.

Leo has videos on strategy. But you should know there's ways to make it a win-win situation. And I'm not going to give you any direct advice except you should just try and sit down/lay down and think about the situation and your options. 

I personally also fear that I might be wrong about all this enlightenment/personal development stuff to, even though I trust Leo, I'm still doubtful. But I hold onto any truth that I've heard from Leo, I made a list of techniques he's given me that works, all the facts that makes sense. I believe in enlightenment because of the facts presented in his Enlightenment video's. 

But you should know when it comes to conflict, there is no 'right path'. 

What there are. Is 'paths', at some point you got to choose a path, and experience the consequences. Sometimes people think "Ok what's the path I'm supposed to take?" But there are none. 

Think of it like this, If you had to kill your mom or dad, who would you choose? Which path would feel more right? Neither right? Both of those options suck. 

I know what you mean. I used to have such thoughts too. You should read more, it'll get you back on track and fill with you the right beliefs. 

At the very least, you can trust in science. Such as exercise, meditation, good breathing, diet and sleep all have individually proven to have astounding benefits. I realized recently that when people say this, the majority of the time it just means that they havent built the good habits yet. 

Edited by d0ornokey