Empty

Morality!!

6 posts in this topic

I am having a hard time overcoming my morality. I don't know how to stop it. 

It always comes back. Sometimes even stronger!! 

Notice it, be aware of it. Don't be like: OH SHIT I HAVE TO GET RID OF IT! DAMNIT IT'S BACK! The point is not 100% stopping something on a dime because somebody pointed out the limitations of it. You grow when it's time to, when you feel like morality no longer serves you. It's I think a common misconception that when you become more aware, you have to make changes. That's not true. When you become more aware, you may WANT to make changes. And if you want to, it's not something you have to do, is it? If you still want to moralize, moralize your heart out! Just apply mindfulness to it.

Edited by Markus

Do you mean immorality rationalized as morality?

Is it yours? Or inherited and shared by society? 

We are conditioned with those values. They are woven into our thought patterns. Learn the nature, structure, and substance of thought. Then ask yourself am “I” seperate from that process of thought, or a fragment of it? 

We need to get at the root of of the problem. And it’s safe to say that disorder in thought is responsible for the contradictory, hypocritical, habitual mannerisms of what we as a society agree to be moral.  

@Empty It's not a bad thing that you're moralizing. It's just that your unconscious mind thinks that moralizing is the best behaviour for you for now. It just doesn't know better. Can you see that there's no point fighting yourself here?

Begin to have discussions with your unconscious mind. Start asking yourself these three questions:

1. YOUR NAME/GOD/LIFE/UNIVERSE, how have I created my moralizing?

2. YOUR NAME/GOD/LIFE/UNIVERSE, why do I need my moralizing?

3. YOUR NAME/GOD/LIFE/UNIVERSE, what can I do instead of moralizing?

You see, by just TRYING HARD TO STOP moralizing, you're not giving yourself an alternative behaviour. You create an unnecessary conflict with yourself. What is really happening is just a misunderstanding between you and your unconscious mind. It's not your enemy, it's your biggest friend. Bring unity.

In fact, there's no such thing as "you" and "your unconscious mind". It's all one thing. We fragment "you" with a purpose of bringing understanding. Which is nothing wrong with, until you are unconscious of it.

Edited by Serge

Do this for me.  Answer this question in a short paragraph:  What does morality mean to me?