David1

Ayahuasca Retreat?

31 posts in this topic

@cetus56 Thanks for your concern, but i'm not likely gonna do salvia anymore. Like i said, it is too dissociative. I didn't remember anything of my life anymore...nothing. I didn't even remember i was a human being. It seems to totally wipe your memory. It is very different from shrooms. On shrooms, ego loss is more mild and gradual and you have to surrender and let go. Not with salvia...that just grabs your ego and shreds it to bits. Scary. You have to have big balls to do salvia more then a couple times.

14 minutes ago, David1 said:

@cetus56 Thanks for your concern, but i'm not likely gonna do salvia anymore. Like i said, it is too dissociative. I didn't remember anything of my life anymore...nothing. I didn't even remember i was a human being. It seems to totally wipe your memory. It is very different from shrooms. On shrooms, ego loss is more mild and gradual and you have to surrender and let go. Not with salvia...that just grabs your ego and shreds it to bits. Scary. You have to have big balls to do salvia more then a couple times.

@David1 I don't know salvia but you can expect what you've described from Ayahuasca too. I remember being 100% conscious and trying to think of who i am. Who my parents are, where i was born, who my friends are etc. And i couldn't think of any of that. 

@David1 I have wondered what a salvia experience is like. I get a good idea now from your description. But that is how it is with killing the ego. One second it is everything, the next it is meaningless. Imagine a mental cliff of ego-self that reaches almost to the clouds.  You start climbing that cliff from the very bottom.  That being when you were young and the sense of ego self all started. Than slowly climbing your way up the cliff, through all your life events. Seeing everything that is you, until you reach the very top. You at this very moment. Than ask yourself  "Where do I stand?"   Than jump! Jump with nothing left to weigh you down.  And you my friend will learn to fly!

Yeah guys, your salvation in the hand of a plant!

Imagine, how weird...¬¬ 

And you my Belgian neighbour, reading your experiences; my advice to you is to reconsider your plan.

I have met too many ruined people in my life because of actions like these. Ask yourself why you want to do this... and find another way.

For all kinds of substances I think it is very important to not expect anything in return.

Don't expect it to magically fix problems. You still have to fix all your issues yourself. It is your own responsibilty to do so.

On the other hand some of these chemicals can show you what there is to fix and also give you the strength to do so.

22 hours ago, Henri said:

Yeah guys, your salvation in the hand of a plant!

Imagine, how weird...¬¬ 

And you my Belgian neighbour, reading your experiences; my advice to you is to reconsider your plan.

I have met too many ruined people in my life because of actions like these. Ask yourself why you want to do this... and find another way.

Hello there fellow Dutch speaking neighbour :). Thanks for your concern and reaction. 
But salvation...wow. The saving of the soul from sin and its consequences....I don't expect any substance to save my soul. I'd like to think my soul doesn't need saving in the first place. I'm not even sure if i have a soul.
I feel reluctant to believe that anyone's life was ever ruined by a psychedelic substance. I can believe that lives are being ruined by alcohol, heroine, cocaine and even tobacco. But not by a psychedelic. I'd like to refer to this study from 2006 Link.

One-third of the participants reported the experience was the single most spiritually significant moment of their lives, and more than two-thirds reported it was among the top five most spiritually significant experiences.

Among the top 5 most spiritual significant experiences...that means it must be right up there together with having a child or having sex...

And since you live in the Netherlands...you can go to a smartshop, buy a growkit and have this experience for under 2 euro. :D. That's what i call value for your money. You just gotta love Holland!!

@David1 Hahaha, yeah salvation (!), that`s a joke! B|

I had my experiences in the past with psychedelics and considered it to be great, weird, fantastic and whatever. For sure experiences that had nothing to do with the ego, they were outside the ego. The only lesson; there`s more than the ego.

Later in life I had experiences because of spiritual exercises and discipline, they were outside the ego and of a total other category then the ones I mentioned before. They were truly spiritual. Imagine you open up your eyes for the first time in a locked room with a tiny candle to light it. Or imagine you open up your eyes for the first time on top of Everest with the sun shining above you. That`s the difference. Any genuine spiritual teacher will tell you the same. And if you think some guy in the Amazon is a true teacher you are fooled, stupid or just ignorant. 

Whatever you do is up to you. Just spare me the stories about spiritual experiences, because it`s not. You just wander around in the psychic realms without any fucking control about it and with the danger to sabotage your nervous system, your pranic system and to ruin your chakra`s.

Go for truth and go for profound experience and wisdom mate! 9_9

Edited by Henri

@David1 And about your top 5 of spiritual experiences; any idiot would name his first joint a spiritual experience!

sooo, i was looking for a more accessible alternative to 5-meo-dmt and was thinking of aya, since there are dozens of cerimonial places in my city. Do you fellow actualizers think its a fair substitution? Can it show me infinity? Is it a wise, sustainable option for self-actualization and insight?

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

@Ludwig Thanks so much for posting this. Very beautiful the guy explains things.