Alexo45

Stuck with life purpose.

14 posts in this topic

Hello,

It's been about 2 months since i lastly did anything resolving around my life purpose. It also has been 2 months since i began to know about non-duality. I don't know why, but since then, my life purpose and plans started to make no sense anymore, and i felt like maybe it wasn't the right choice for me. It also didn't take long for me to "cancel" all my plans to go to university and study psychology,...

My life purpose was to become a psychotherapist, and it really felt like a genuine one, taking my past and everything into account. After learning about non-duality, i felt like becoming a psychotherapist was stupid, because i started to feel like it wouldn't give me enough satisfaction anymore. I don't want to become a psychotherapist, with in the back of my mind, the idea that i'm not really helping the person at all. I guess i would feel like i'm cheating, or lying to someone.

By typing this out, i'm actually becoming conscious of how shortsighted i was, and how stupid it was to cancel my plans, or maybe not? 
Anyways, i'm stuck at the moment, and i don't know what to do. I'm thinking about starting the life purpose course over again, but i'm not sure if that would be a good idea right now. 

What do you think?

I feel you, I'm at similar place, I wanted to be psychologist but I saw no real juice in it for me so I went for art. Life purpose evolves and the thing is that you create if for yourself, there is no special life purpose for you, it's just going deeper on unimaginable levels. I'm now doing arts and want to master painting but I kinda know I won't stop there, I might end up cleaning old people's assess if I feel it later in life. Non-duality will help you a lot being more in touch with your intuition and all you have to do is follow that guidance. Life is a game, play it however you feel like. Good luck :)

6 minutes ago, MarinM said:

I feel you, I'm at similar place, I wanted to be psychologist but I saw no real juice in it for me so I went for art. Life purpose evolves and the thing is that you create if for yourself, there is no special life purpose for you, it's just going deeper on unimaginable levels. I'm now doing arts and want to master painting but I kinda know I won't stop there, I might end up cleaning old people's assess if I feel it later in life. Non-duality will help you a lot being more in touch with your intuition and all you have to do is follow that guidance. Life is a game, play it however you feel like. Good luck :)

Yea, i feel like my intuition is full of shit. It's changing the thing it wants constantly.

For psychology I was at first like yea I'm gonna do that it was kind of I got no other option that I'm interested in then 2 months before college, things turned 180 degree, I went for drawing classes just for myself and I don't know how to draw and there was the teacher always telling me to go to art school and at first I was like no, I can't draw then the more time was passing there was this feeling in me telling me to go for that and I really felt like that's it then when I came in college now I got call to quit it and learn art on my own since I don't have much time left for myself after I do all the school projects (and it's not an escape from college I just feel it would be much more valuable being with myself, doing online courses for 7 hours a day than dabbling around everything from digital art and yesterday I found intermediate concept art online course one year long but I will need to use 2 years before that to reach intermediate level. It's really exciting yet scary in a way and all of those intuitions came when I was at full peace with everything, so kinda my advice is be patient it will come to you, but its not secure advice i know but I wish you find yourself in the right time :) 

It's always good to go to uneversity and study even if you don't end up doing the thing you are learning for. You will have a little paper you can wave in peoples face, which gives you some leverage.

As for your life purpose, you need to get all your options together and just start somewhere. It's about building a deeper connection to something you like doing. And having a vision behind it. You'll build your love overtime but if as you said the vision is not there it's probably a better choice to switch. Investigate more though maybe your mind is just playing tricks on you.

Oh and I dont want to propagate that college is bad, its really useful for a lot of things but in my case all i need is good portfolio and hard working hours behind it

2 hours ago, dude said:

It's always good to go to uneversity and study even if you don't end up doing the thing you are learning for. You will have a little paper you can wave in peoples face, which gives you some leverage.

As for your life purpose, you need to get all your options together and just start somewhere. It's about building a deeper connection to something you like doing. And having a vision behind it. You'll build your love overtime but if as you said the vision is not there it's probably a better choice to switch. Investigate more though maybe your mind is just playing tricks on you.

Yea, the problem is that i'm already 25. Feeling old as fuck to be honest. 

@Alexo45 Yhea, it's hard. There are enough opportunity's out there even if you have no degree. The choice is yours to make.

Read: So Good They Can't Ignore You, if you have no clue where to start.

Do Leo's Life Purpose Course if you haven't done it.  What you think is your life purpose is probably not very well thought out.  You need to dig deep and chart your authentic-self very accurately.

I thought I had a life purpose too, but it was way off.  I'm doing the course myself now.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Do Leo's Life Purpose Course if you haven't done it.  What you think is your life purpose is probably not very well thought out.  You need to dig deep and chart your authentic-self very accurately.

I thought I had a life purpose too, but it was way off.  I'm doing the course myself now.

Yea, i've done the course. I didn't complete it, but i did at least 95% of it, so saying that my life purpose wasn't thought out is not true. Anyways, i already started over again, we'll see what comes out of it. 

On 12.12.2017 at 11:50 AM, Alexo45 said:

the idea that i'm not really helping the person at all.

Why do you think you can't help the person?

13 minutes ago, HII said:

Why do you think you can't help the person?

Because from the absolute perspective, the person can't be helped, nor does he need to get helped.
Everything is just going fine as it is, and should be going. It's just a paradox that i have to workout myself i guess. 

Edited by Alexo45

So why can't you be part of what is going fine as it is, from "the absolute perspective"? 

If someone hangs off a cliff and screams for your help, will you say "naah, everything is just going fine as it is"?

On 12/12/2017 at 0:40 PM, MarinM said:

Oh and I dont want to propagate that college is bad, its really useful for a lot of things but in my case all i need is good portfolio and hard working hours behind it

If i ever want to become a psychotherapist, i don't have another choice but go to university. There simply is no way that i would get hired somewhere in my country ( Belgium ) without a masters degree in psychology.