martin_malin

My top value in life is negatively motivated...problem?

8 posts in this topic

I'm taking the LP course atm and I've just found out that my number one value in life is freedom. Problem is, it's negatively motivated. I've always hated school and every job I've ever had made me feel like a slave, unhuman. I just can't stand doing shit I don't care about. In the past, I've even told friends that I would rather die than continue being a slave for someone or some corporation. That desperate need to break free from limitations lead me to quit a well paying job and build a business around my passions. Four years later, I now do meaningful work and earn a nice living do it. Can negative motivation ever be good? 

Edited by martin_malin

@martin_malin Freedom tends to ultimately be a spiritual value. But it can be corrupted.

What's the positive side of why you like freedom? What are you desiring it for?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  I love freedom because it allows me to build my own schedule. It allows me to do personnal developement work, to work on my LP, to go on a Vipassana retreat if I want to (I'm contemplating a first one). Freedom is the doorway to my higherself. Ok, I'm beggining to feel grateful for the freedom I now enjoy :)

Last night, I felt very resistant to come up with positive elements. In fact, I even felt justified to hold grudges towards the system. Who am I if I'm not resentful? That ''up your ass'' attitude had served me after all. I think I'm starting to get it. Thx Leo!

Edited by martin_malin

@martin_malin i love reading this.   The system is the very means to our experience of freedom. ❤️ I ‘got the fuck outta there’ and started a business as well. Just a thought on the retreat...a retreat alone, with a trip or two in it, can reveal “The Alone”....The One. You win either way, just a thought. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Man, I had a kind of an epiphany now thinking about this topic and my own vision.

It seems to be a rule that whatever negative motivation and things I come up with that I want to avoid and get away from, there is always a positive counter motivation to be found on the other side of the coin.

This realization makes focusing on what you want rather than what you don't want much easier to apply. You can charge your values and vision with boundless positivity this way. :)

I don't see any negative motivation.

it's a matter of perspective. I see it as a positive motivation that you want to do shit you like instead of shit you don't like. seems very postive to me.

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

@WaveInTheOcean  Yea. I think the point is, the original poster wasn't focused on the positive aspect, which is much more useful. If you tend to focus on this awful thing you don't want and not what you want instead, well, you'll tend to just keep getting that awful thing. The subconscious mind just works on what you give it, including awful things.

3 hours ago, Huginn said:

Man, I had a kind of an epiphany now thinking about this topic and my own vision.

It seems to be a rule that whatever negative motivation and things I come up with that I want to avoid and get away from, there is always a positive counter motivation to be found on the other side of the coin.

This realization makes focusing on what you want rather than what you don't want much easier to apply. You can charge your values and vision with boundless positivity this way. :)

C2E2E148-0B04-4BBE-AE1D-1737144872CD.png

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE