Joseph Maynor

Have You Thought of Buying Leo’s Life Purpose Course for Somebody for Christmas?

10 posts in this topic

Great gift idea.  Especially for young people that are clueless about who they are who need to gain awareness of a future career track.  I didn’t have anything like this to help me when I was young.  I’m doing the course now a couple days away from turning 40, and it’s great.  I wish I had this course at age 15 though.  

https://www.actualized.org/life-purpose-course

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I really doubt that a person who was randomly given such a course would actually use it. It will be used only by those who already follow Leo's content, know about LPC and want to have it, but cannot (do not want) to buy. Even not all of them will finish it and get some use of it.

It's like giving a 1000 pages Encyclopedia to a 15 years old, thinking: "Oh, such a good educational gift I made. It will be so useful for the kid". The kid won't even open it.  

Edited by Naviy

4 hours ago, Naviy said:

I really doubt that a person who was randomly given such a course would actually use it. It will be used only by those who already follow Leo's content, know about LPC and want to have it, but cannot (do not want) to buy. Even not all of them will finish it and get some use of it.

It's like giving a 1000 pages Encyclopedia to a 15 years old, thinking: "Oh, such a good educational gift I made. It will be so useful for the kid". The kid won't even open it.  

This is a great example of a limiting-belief.  You’ve cut off the possibility before it could be actually tested in reality.  See how sneaky the Mind is?  The Mind thinks it knows much more about reality than it actually does.  Anything is possible.  Live that principle instead.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, omkarshetty said:

I am fine with an MBA!

Good luck finding a job after you get out.  None of the entrepreneurs I know went to business school.  One guy did, actually.  He went to Stanford and is a really talented serial company creator.  But the guys I meet that start tech companies were computer science majors, and one political science major believe it or not!  Yep — a political science major started a tech company in my Center.  I work in a Center in Downtown San Francisco with small startup companies.  All the guys and gals there I get to commiserate with daily.  

You know what they all have in common?

1.  They went to a good university

2.  They’re smart

3.  They’re creative and openminded

4.  They’re heath-conscious.  They eat right and exercise

5.  They work consistently hard, but they make sure to have a life outside work too

6.  They’re passionate about what they do

7.  They make it look easy and natural when you watch them work

8.  They never whine or complain

9.  They’re sociable, but they don’t waste too much time with idle socializing at work

10.  They’re gentle but also fearless

11.  They’re not stressed out or neurotic 

12.  They seem to have lots of energy

13.  They don’t let themselves get too distracted 

14.  They have big goals and dreams

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I don't think I know a person who would not profit from this course!

I would rather give the 250 bucks and say "this money is intended for you to buy the course".

Maybe this person would spend 250 bucks on legos ^^

Edited by Soulbass

12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I can think of 2 people in my life that could benefit from it.

It's an awesome gift for Christmas!

However, let me just say this. I'm guessing that the two people in your life must be very close to you and you understand them very well. If they are friends, I'm guessing they must be best friends. It's not easy giving another person profound advice even when they are close to you. 

Tbh, finding a life's calling (life purpose) is profound. Like I said before, I did use Spiral Dynamics to find my life purpose. (That's because I heard it from Leo.) But, I did see the Spiral Dynamics diagram back when I was taking a psychology class when I was at my university. I wasn't even interested in it back then. I had to gain a lot more life experience to be interested in something like that. In this case, if they receive a profound gift like the LP course, they could keep it till they're ready.