rush

The market and passion

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I am going through the life purpose course but one nagging thing that I cant seem to get rid of is the idea that the market doesn't care what your passionate about. I feel some natural hobbies or interests, for e.g making jewellery can naturally lend itself to a business or career but being passionate about for example, collecting key rings is not something the market would pay you for.  Is this explained later in the course and how do you deal with struggling to monetise any potential passion ? At the end of the day, a life purpose, given the amount of time that would be spent on it, would need to give you an income. 

@rush If someone told me 7 years ago that I would be well paid for sitting around, reading books, meditating, taking psychedelics, and doing philosophy all day, I would have laughed in their face. What market could there possibly be for that???

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@rush If someone told me 7 years ago that I would be well paid for sitting around, reading books, meditating, taking psychedelics, and doing philosophy all day, I would have laughed in their face. What market could there possibly be for that???

You’re probably not gonna be satisfied with that lifestyle forever by the way.  Life Purpose is a dynamic thing.  It’s almost like chasing a calling that’s a little bit smarter and craftier than you are.  Most of the time you miss it by miles not inches.  Then you catch up to it, and it runs off behind the weeds again to hide and plot it’s next mission.  That’s the Muse and what it’s like to chase the Muse.  If you settle-down, you have no chance.  Then the Mind has you trapped and you’ll become fixed like a stone.  That’s why you can’t be the camper you gotta be the climber in life.  You gotta keep up with that Muse.  And you gotta be willing to bust through the fear to follow it.  The Ego will try to stop you from doing this.  That’s the Big Boss in the video game right there. And who beats the Big Boss?  Very few people.  The most committed people.  And even then, with a stroke of luck gracing them too.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, ppfeiff said:

@Joseph Maynor What's your life purpose? Are you currently living it?

I’m taking Leo’s Life Purpose Course now.  I thought I had a Life Purpose, but I made the mistake of not aligning it with career.  I was all confused about career.  But yes. I’ve always been living a life purpose.  My life purpose has been until recently to write a book.  But now I realize that that’s not quite right strategically.  Life Purpose is about career and much deeper than what I thought.  I lacked a lot of awareness about the theory of Life Purpose.  That’s why I recommend everyone do Leo’s Life Purpose Course.  What you think you know about Life Purpose is almost certainly wrong!  This is one example of how theory can be massively important in Personal Development.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

20 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I’m taking Leo’s Life Purpose Course now.  I thought I had a Life Purpose, but I made the mistake of not aligning it with career.  I was all confused about career.  But yes. I’ve always been living a life purpose.  My life purpose has been until recently to write a book.  But now I realize that that’s not quite right strategically.  Life Purpose is about career and much deeper than what I thought.  I lacked a lot of awareness about the theory of Life Purpose.  That’s why I recommend everyone do Leo’s Life Purpose Course.  What you think you know about Life Purpose is almost certainly wrong!  This is one example of how theory can be massively important in Personal Development.

What do you mean deeper? I guess you are suggesting that it's broader than just writing a book? 
And what do you mean by it being strategically right?

@beastmode My original intent was to write a Philosophy book.  But I’ve amassed enough freewriting material over the past 8 years to write potentially several books on many topics.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor