Marinus

Over confidence & worst case scenario thoughts

6 posts in this topic

So this is annoying. My mind shifts a lot between being very confident and being very fearful. In the end things appear to be a lot less extreme. 

• Are there people with similar experiences?
  • Why does the mind do this?

On 03/12/2017 at 3:12 PM, Marinus said:

Why does the mind do this?

huge ego entails huge self protective barriers and stinky self-sabotaging patterns

unborn Truth

@Marinus a good thing to do is this

its the quickest way I know of fixing situational confidence, you can in one day not be able to embarass yourself any more. Imagine after one day never having to worry about fear around people again (Im assuming when saying you're confident its around people socially).

Heres how you can do rejection therapy.

1: Call your friends up and say "Hey I've got an idea thats kinda silly, why don't we do this thing called rejection therapy where we embarass ourselves to stop caring what people think:.

2: Complete this checklsit, do the easiest stuff first. This is all stuff I did and it was nerve wracking at first than become so fun.

- Ask a stranger for a handshake

- Ask a stranger for a hug

- Ask a stranger to buy you something

- Ask if a store has anything for free they can give you

- ask a busker if you can play his guitar even if you cant pay

- spand three minutes walking around a public space like a store and be clapping for 3 mins

- Freeze like your a statue in a public space

- go up to an attractive girl and say an embrassing sentence than walk off eg "Hi I have low self esteem"

- Stand in a busy place and start talking out loud (150% louder than normal voice like a braveheart speech) about a topic for one minute to no one in particular

- give three compliments to three random strangers

- Tell someone a really bad joke, thats not funny at all

- Lie down in a busy footpath

- Go into a store and look at womens underwear (if you're a man)

- sit lotus position meditate in a public place like a busy sidewalk

@Marinus Simple duality :D 

We all know the term. Happy/Sad, Up/Down, Yin/Yang. You can't have one without the other. The higher the High.... the lower the Low. This is the way of things and there's nothing we can do about it. Work on finding your center and work on feeling comfortable in the "eh, neutral" 

It's a balance game :). Just try not to get hurt.

Edited by ZX_man

Mind always likes the extremes. Try to settle in the middle, remember that it's good for you. You might feel more afraid, but also more clear and there's peace to it as well.