BobbyLowell

will killing your ego really get rid of all your problems?

24 posts in this topic

@BjarkeT as you grew up and experienced things, you identified with reactions, and made up a character called “you”. “You” - likes this, not that, “You” is good at this, not that. You’re with them, not them, etc. But there is no past, it is always now. So you’re here, now. You always have been. You can do whatever you want. That perspective of doubt, it’s a pile of beliefs, an idea of who you are. That’s the ego. It’s the door you made to the real you. Open it by realizing it’s made up. Surrender it. Study your situation like a mad scientist to see wtf is around you. In actuality you don’t even exist. That’s how free you are right now to do whatever you want. Unless you maintain belief in an ego. Hope that’s helpful. Seems like you’re really tryin to see it. ??

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

We cannot really "kill the ego", what I have found from the endless regurgitation of guru speak is what really happens is the ego just acts like it 'commits suicide' or dissolves itself and then hides from the awareness in the subconscious mind behind all the trappings of the "enlightened non-dual" rhetoric calling it "truth".

After chasing that mythical dragon in hopes to slay it for years I have chosen another path that has brought lasting peace and fulfillment to my life experience. There are no tricks or tips, no practices or beliefs, no ideas or concepts, no truth or right that I can teach about this path other than to say, just be it in the moment. Whatever you seek for your being.... just be it.

Then what is all this other stuff in our mind, body, emotion and spirit that tries to interfere with what we seek to be? Some will say it is that ego that needs to be killed. Well, the ego can be killed as readily as the past can be changed or erased so if one is trying to kill the ego they are simply letting the past distract them from the present.

In this very moment, in every moment just be what one seeks for one's own being and the ego will take care of itself.

Edited by SOUL

@BobbyLowell

It changes how you perceive them.

Let's say you get in a car accident.

Ego: wahhhh this is such bullshit. Cars shouldn't ever hit me and they're stupid. My life is over and I hate myself.

Not ego: Everything is supporting me, even this car accident. I wonder how this experience will help me learn and grow.

I'm drastically over-simplifying but that's the general gist.

So there's a meta-level acceptance of any situation when you're not acting from ego. It's not that you're okay with any situation, it's that you're okay with a situation you're not okay with.

It's like Judo. You can roll with anything, even when it's not in your favor.

Ironically this does two things:

1) Makes you okay with the original situation and takes the stress out of it

2) Puts you in a better emotional state to practically handle whatever is going on

This is what highly effective people do. They're in the flow because they're not resisting.

How do “you” kill thought? 

Control? 

How do “you” kill the fragment of thought that identifies as “you”?? 

If this was achievable and it seemed like a good idea to “u” wouldn’t it be a better idea to not have to kill ”IT” at all? Why not use it for what it’s function actually is? 

I mean there are good things about it like remembering where u live, learning a language, learning how to knit a sweater. Lol 

It’s when we are unable to keep an orderly mind that this ego becomes a problem. Everything needs to go in its right place. Thought goes with function being technological knowledge , vocational knowledge, communication, and so on. But in the psychological movment of time “past, present, future, knowledge being thought has no place. 

Edited by Faceless