Joseph Maynor

How Do We Do Modern Cultural Cleansing For Purposes of Raising Awareness?

7 posts in this topic

Lately I’ve been realizing more and more how deep and extensive culture is.  Even things that we think are immune to culture like Science or Knowledge or the True/false Paradigm are really just extensions of culture.  Is it necessary for us to purify ourselves of this culture?  If so, how do we go about doing so?

Thought Experiment: Imagine you got to live out the rest of your days on an isolated island with no human contact, where you were trained to provide for yourself with the resources thereon.  How important to you would Science, Knowledge, or the True/ false Paradigm be?

This is in service of raising awareness, obviously even awakened people are gonna value the useful cultural achievements from a pragmatic point of view.

But I don’t think people realize how extensively culture is trapping them from becoming more awake.  How can you raise this kind of awareness?   Psychedelics, world travel, contemplation, studying the history of world ideas are useful in raising this kind of awareness, but are they enough, and what more can we do?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

See how perfect it is.

It’s only perfect when you reach the zenith.  You gotta get to the zenith before you reach the zenith though.  Raising awareness is the best strategy for reaching the zenith.  But you gotta go all the way, you can’t let glass ceilings hinder you.  To reach the zenith you gotta go where you've never gone before, you can’t sent up camp and habituate at one higher level and then coast like that’s it.  But don’t turn this into a limiting-belief.  Think of this like a goose as in someone giving you a good goose! As in — Take it up another notch dood!  Don’t be complacent and comfortably assume you’ve arrived anywhere.  That’s a trap in this work.  We’ll call that the camper’s trap.  We gottaa be climbers not campers.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor Culture is a war to define reality.

If you try to change people's culture too much, they will kill you.

So your best bet is to focus mostly on purifying your own mind. Then a bit of life purpose work to make your little impact on the world towards higher consciousness. If you try to purify people too much too fast, watch out! They'll kill ya and burn all your ideas. The devil doesn't like getting doused with holy water. Two drops is about all he can stand ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So your best bet is to focus mostly on purifying your own mind. Then a bit of life purpose work to make your little impact on the world towards higher consciousness. If you try to change too much, watch out! They'll kill ya.

I’m so glad I have a place to express these ideas.  This is all shit that I see and I am so happy to be able to share these ideas with somebody else.  I would be killed just a few hundred years ago for saying these things publically.  When I visited Rome, I saw the spot where Giordano Bruno was burned at the stake.  It’s like right in the city too not some remote spot.  They built a statue there and it’s in a public square.  The thoughts that float through your head and the emotions you feel are surreal when you see the spot where he was burned in person.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giordano_Bruno

Edited by Joseph Maynor

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

So your best bet is to focus mostly on purifying your own mind. Then a bit of life purpose work to make your little impact on the world towards higher consciousness. If you try to purify people too much too fast, watch out! They'll kill ya and burn all your ideas. The devil doesn't like getting doused with holy water. Two drops is about all he can stand ;)

Will they crucify someone if that man behave likes Jesus 2000 years ago?

Whatever happens..
The Truth will free my soul