Mridul Jain

The right age to start personal development

8 posts in this topic

I am in class 12(India), and very confused how to balance between personal development and my studies...

Please reply fast...

I would say as soon as possible(or as soon as your are aware of personal development) :)

if you are very busy right now maybe you could have different periods where you do personal development or if possible you could maximize your time to personal development by chancing where you spend your time on by controling what you have control over  :) (For example you might not be able to control how much you study but you should be able to control what you do in your free time)

Edited by BjarkeT

Thank u sooo much. I didn't think that such forms involve active participation as it is my 1st time and I was completely going to give up hope on this forum...?

I started at 15, you can start whenever you want to. 

Start with studying the parts of self actualisation that inspire you the most. Be that relationship or nutrition, it does not matter.

Get that awesome foundation going.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

Honestly @Mridul Jain I may be alone on this but I would strongly advice doing most personal development at your age, you are so so young, your mind hasn't even begun to properly devleop into adolocence yet or possibly even puberty yet, start PD when you become brain has started the process to mature into an adult brain, for example, 15 and a half or 16 is good, then you are more of a young adult who is able to apply these mindsets and such. Those are the perfect ages in my opinion to start doing it, not too young, not too old.  Meditation will be too much for you, I feel, once you get into it, it totally changes your whole brain and is very very powerful, I think people who are advising you to just go ahead here severely undestimate the power of mindfulness meditation and how especially in the later stages it is EXTREMELY powerful, far too much for a 12 year old, and I am not saying this to undermine you, but because I fear that it will simply be too much for your brain to handle, like it would be for ANY 12 year old. :)

Also, why do you feel the need to get started so early? You still have your childhood to enjoy!! A few more years at least I would recommend before you dive into this stuff, until then, just enjoy being a young teen!  Good diet and exercise is of course recommended to start on, this is normal for anyone of your age, the earlier the better on that, and if you have a passion, then it is good to start mastering that as well, as for the rest of personal development like meditation, psychedelics, dating etc...leave it until you are ready. :)

I think the most optimal time is shorty before finishing high school or you local equivalent. No need to get too deep too early but like the basic, get your habits, social skill and so in order. Does it hurt to so earlier no, but you get the most out of it you have some life experience. 

Edited by Spiral