Water

What Is Your Greatest Fear?

36 posts in this topic

This has always been a tough one for me because I've done an excellent job at lying to myself. I've done a lot of research on this topic and have been searching for what scares me but I seem to always come up empty handed. Facing my fears has been extremely difficult but I am currently addicted to it. I have a feeling my ego caught on xD and is doing a better job at hiding them from me. If it's hard to understand where i'm coming from but here's a little context, due to my religious upbringing I've had to lie. Like a lot! So lets all be as honest as possible.

Greatest fear: That all my research and efforts are in vain.

Fears I've overcome: 

Death ---- This was a big one for a long time

Not being understood/accepted

Failure

Claustrophobia

Commitment ---- Still working on this one

Vulnerability ---- Still working on this one

These are just a few.

When things go wrong in your perspective, remember it's not about you ?

One of my biggest fears is that I will never figure out how to give meaning to the most painfull decade of my life. Still currently picking up the pieces. While there is a roaring woman inside of me clawing to get out a rise above all the earth, there's is a shy meek and tired old woman who would rather lay down a be dead any day of the week. I struggle to recreate my identity,  I struggle to define what it means to be me. Im caught in the middle of a narcissistic Goddess with a iron fist..and a hopeless woman who has giving up on life, left for dead and knows a aching pain that hurts like brand new shoes.

@Anna Skywords The past doesn't exist, there's no reason to give it meaning. You are not the same person you once were. That's a hard concept to grasp but once you it becomes easier to forgive. You truly are who you want to be. Start workin on that fist.

"Keep going. Each step may get harder, but don't stop. The view at the top is beautiful" :)

I never thought I should consider the past as non excistant. So give my life meaning in the present. Thank you so much for your insight Water !

You just made my day...

1 hour ago, Water said:

This has always been a tough one for me because I've done an excellent job at lying to myself. I've done a lot of research on this topic and have been searching for what scares me but I seem to always come up empty handed. Facing my fears has been extremely difficult but I am currently addicted to it. I have a feeling my ego caught on xD and is doing a better job at hiding them from me. If it's hard to understand where i'm coming from but here's a little context, due to my religious upbringing I've had to lie. Like a lot! So lets all be as honest as possible.

Greatest fear: That all my research and efforts are in vain.

Fears I've overcome: 

Death ---- This was a big one for a long time

Not being understood/accepted

Failure

Claustrophobia

Commitment ---- Still working on this one

Vulnerability ---- Still working on this one

These are just a few.

How did you overcome the fear of death ? it would be interesting to hear you out !

Reincarnation. I kinda think of life as a video game. When you die you know you're going to re spawn. Something to note is when you re spawn instantly and there is no consequences like on an online first person shooter think of how it doesn't really mean anything. Yet when you play an adventure game and you're on you're last life and die after investing a lot of time and effort you're emotions go haywire! The difference is the attachments, let go of attachments in life and you will find peace. 

Fear, that I won't achieve ultimate self-expression. I was supressing flow of my (psychic, vital) energy for sooooo fucking long because of neurosis, traumas, self- hatred. Deep down inside I know how powerfull and free I am, but inability to express it was eating me alive. All my life is dedicated towards it and, thankfully, I've made some progress.

Mercifully, fear has left this body/mind :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Becomming a fat drunk who watches television after a soul-numbing job and a whife even more dysfunctional than me. In other words: becomming the best chimp ever. :D

Hallå

Not being able to kill my self if I would so choose :DI recently finished up reading Seneca and he pointed out that as long as you are able to commit suicide you don't have to worry about being a bad person thus living a bad life ( the essence of stoicism), you also shouldn't fear death because that is what everyone will get someday anyway.

Sure I have all the "normal" fears, not living up my potential, life-long injury, not seeing the world etc. but those are all rather meaningless as in you are going to die in any case.

I do fear those bigger than life bees though (hornets or something), seriously fuck those.... they're huge.

Social Fear, just walking up and talk to strangers, mainly because no body ever talk to each other and most people seam so hostile toward strangers, more than that I want to be able to just chat girls up ;) 

1 hour ago, Water said:

Reincarnation. I kinda think of life as a video game. When you die you know you're going to re spawn. Something to note is when you re spawn instantly and there is no consequences like on an online first person shooter think of how it doesn't really mean anything. Yet when you play an adventure game and you're on you're last life and die after investing a lot of time and effort you're emotions go haywire! The difference is the attachments, let go of attachments in life and you will find peace. 

Just be sure not to pretend to overcome stuff using excuses :) That said I believe in reincarnation as well even if I consciously loose all my memories.

Can't wait until I reach the sequel :D 

So how are you at just acting like a clown in public all alone or going up to some stranger and talk about the most personal stuff, or telling everyone close to you knowing how they might judge you, there's something to face ;) 

10 minutes ago, X-ways said:

Not being able to kill my self if I would so choose :DI recently finished up reading Seneca and he pointed out that as long as you are able to commit suicide you don't have to worry about being a bad person thus living a bad life ( the essence of stoicism), you also shouldn't fear death because that is what everyone will get someday anyway.

Sure I have all the "normal" fears, not living up my potential, life-long injury, not seeing the world etc. but those are all rather meaningless as in you are going to die in any case.

I do fear those bigger than life bees though (hornets or something), seriously fuck those.... they're huge.

I don't know who that old coot is but that's not at all what it's about, it's about the death of the ego, if you can lay down your ego which you perceive to be your life and "die" you will find life.

That's the great mystery of every religion out there.

1 hour ago, kalter000 said:

but inability to express it was eating me alive.

How are you expressing this now?

39 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Attagirl!

19 minutes ago, Keyblade Viking said:

Just be sure not to pretend to overcome stuff using excuses :) 

Any suggestions?

41 minutes ago, Water said:

Any suggestions?

not really, sorry :( but if you do you will know eventually when the fears return, that I can promise you :) 

49 minutes ago, Water said:

Any suggestions?

Here:

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

@Water @Anna Skywords  maybe it's not that important to figure out where every fear comes from..

Did you ever try to feel, accept and embrace your fears rather than to fight them ? You may feel better :)

The battle against them is  so exhausting, isn't it ?

Gangaji made a lot of videos, where she speaks so caring and loveful about fears, pains etc I can imagine that it could help you.

.. I hope so and wish you the best

@MartineF I wouldn't call it fighting. Facing your fear is acknowledging that it exists, then trying to find the root of it. Why am I afraid of this? Is it my ego that's attached to something? Sometimes bringing it to the light helps you realize how silly it is.

21 hours ago, Ayla said:

Don't lie to me :P maybe you just deal with it in a better way. What is your biggest fear? You know it's there. I don't even think it's possible to be completely free from fears