Psyche_92

Need some insight

5 posts in this topic

I mentally know i'm consciousness, but i can't live it. I'm still struggling to let go off the need for control. I can see the pulls from ego, when it wants to claim something i'm doing, and i know that i am the one that sees, and not the do'er, but there is a lot of friction going on.

I'm wondering if thoughts have an impact on decisions or actions.

For example: when i wake up, and decide/think about not to go to the gym, the effect is i'm not going. But, after i start to feel guilty for not going, and making the choice to go instead, i am going. I know this decision is seen, and that "i" am also doing something else than i decided to do in the first place. After a decision like that, it looks like the "i" that feels guilty, am actually able to manipulate reality, and that "i" am the decision maker at that point. 

I know all of this is seen by consciousness, but i can't seem to "let go" off it. 

@Psyche_92 What happens if you let go of the idea that consciousness is behind all your experience? What is left? What happens to your consciousness? Try this. 

You're mentally blocking your direct experience by thinking. 

The art is to look without looking 

Yes, of course thoughts have an impact on actions! Thoughts are hugely significant.

What no free will means is that you are not in control of your next thought, that's all.

Pink elephant

See? I just implanted a thought into your mind without your control. Notice that you never know what your next thought will be until it has already arrived. Notice that most of your thoughts are dictated by your culture and outside influences. Which is why you are made angry by things, made sad by things, made happy by things, made horny by things.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Well then Actualized.org is like the ultimate way of idea-planting ;) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus