Sagatarius

Paranormal Phenomena And Meditation

16 posts in this topic

I do 30 mins a day of staying present meditation (not thinking/staying present or clearing the mind). Ii've been doing it for about 6 months now without missing a day.  

I watched the dark side of meditation.  Do you think this will happen to me by doing it only for 30 mins With just staying conscious technique?  

Edited by Sagatarius

@Sagatarius Only you could estimate and make a judgement on that. What do you think about meditation, after 6 months?  A few people I know have started meditating and praised the benefits, wishing they would have started a long time ago, and that’s only after a couple weeks. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The first few weeks I started to feel an increase in will-power and mental sharpness.  

After meditating for 6 months you really start to see some changes in your behaviour (at least for me). I'm no longer easily annoyed at minor things, my concentration has improved a lot, I'm more understanding, bit more virtuous, I get along with people better, now I can recognise when I'm actually having negative thoughts, calmer, and can think outside the box more.  

But as for the paranormal stuff have not encountered any.  I don't know if it will happen by just 30 mins a day of staying present that's what I wanted to find out.  

@Nahm The first few weeks I started to feel an increase in will-power and mental sharpness.  

After meditating for 6 months you really start to see some changes in your behaviour (at least for me). I'm no longer easily annoyed at minor things, my concentration has improved a lot, I'm more understanding, bit more virtuous, I get along with people better, now I can recognise when I'm actually having negative thoughts, calmer, and can think outside the box more.  

But as for the paranormal stuff have not encountered any.  I don't know if it will happen by just 30 mins a day of staying present that's what I wanted to find out.  

@Sagatarius great great great!!! 

Is the “dark side of meditation” something you experienced, something someone told you about, something you belief, something you read online, etc?

I see you ‘watched’ it, but, what’s the source of it to you? How did you - end up watching it?

What distinction do you make, if any, between “the dark side of meditation” and “paranormal phenomena”? 

@Nahm I clicked on the video because I thought it was interesting to watch.  

The source of the information is reports from other people's experiences

I have not experienced the "dark side of meditation" 

I do believe that you can have these experiences.  

I don't know if there is any distinction between the dark side of meditation and paranormal phenomena. 

@Sagatarius Paranormal Phenomena through meditation is incredibly advanced. Most experienced masters who have experienced paranormal phenomena or achieved supernatural abilities don't even want to talk about it from fear of being misunderstood or scaring off the ignorant masses.

If you're just starting out with meditation, don't even bother with thinking about paranormal phenomenon. It'll just be a distraction.

19 hours ago, Sagatarius said:

@Extreme Z7 so is it guaranteed to happen no matter how the small amount of meditation you do per day? 

yes. Of course. I've had spontaneous out of body experiences before I even began to meditate whatsoever. However, as @Extreme Z7 said, it's only a distraction. "Astral projection is of no spiritual significance."- Sadhguru. 

Paranormal phenomena ultimately serve as empirical, scientifically falsifiable, and legitimately testable messengers which get this shit called enlightenment through to your silly dualistic, materialistic mind. But, that doesn't mean it has real spiritual significance; it ain't gonna get you enlightened.

Edited by Will Bigger
i misread the question and gave the opposite amswer, lol.

I have it even if I’m beginner in meditation

See people are wired differently, some are very left-brained, they wouldn’t really see paranormal unless really try to do so. But some like myself see it with minimum effort. 

Good thing is to stay calm during that happening and try to feel good abt that coz unknown feels scary

@Sagatarius 

There's no harm on meditation. There will be paranormal experiences, not garantueed it will happen.

Not so long ago there was a guy in this forum who reported that he was livetating while doing meditation. He said something like as he is typing right now he's whole body is literally on the air. 

There's a Zen saying that goes Dont chase power. Pursue spriritual awakening, then power will come next

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

@Sagatarius what do you mean by guaranteed? Realize all you’re doing is slowing the illusion down and taking a look inside yourself. So, anything you find, is you. Own it, don’t fear it. It’s just you! No one else can know what you’ll find in you, you just might find a mind crushing paranormal LOVE.