On Feeling The Inner Body

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone here practice feeling the inner body? I have been trying to practice directing my attention to it pretty much at all times. Any thoughts on this practice? I want to know if it is potent enough to transform one spiritually. 

Side note: I smoked a lot of marijuana and could feel the inner body very intensely. Any thoughts on that?

Thx

Probably everyone who meditates seriously. I wouldn't recommend chasing after some tragic spiritual shift in the future. Just focus on how feeling your inner body affects you right now? Does it make you more calm? Does it bring negative feelings with it?

I do it all the time during the day when i just remind myself of it. This will in the long run gradually give more "space" inside you. This means you get to be known with other dimensions of life, not just your mind. I havent used marihuana in meditation purposes so can't comment on that. But if you meditate regularly you will soon reach a stage where you feel your aliveness tingling everywhere in your body, and that feels amazingly good. No substances needed.

Feeling your inner body is a portal to the present moment.

It's a powerful tool, but it's not enough, don't practice just that.

The first portal is to see your thoughts as an another perception, just like a sound, otherwise you totally identify with them and you will suffer.
That's the main teaching and it's the most liberating, and you don't need years of meditation, it's way simpler than you think it is.
You basically just watch your thoughts all day (it's ultra tedious at first for most people), then you do that in your meditations too.

It's the main teaching for a reason, because if you don't identify with your thoughts, then it's way easier to practice the 3rd and 4th portals.

The 2nd portal is to feel your inner body, but it's almost impossible to feel it for more than a few seconds if you heavily indentify with your mind, because there is always something to think about right ? 

The 3rd portal is to let go of your thoughts, let go of your resistence to events, let go of (self-created) suffering, etc ...
That's what we mean when we say you should surrender.
If you let go, then you become quickly conscious that you are way more than just a body or a mind, because there is a sense of freedom that is way beyond whatever you've experienced, and you clearly sense it emanates from something beyond your mind.

The 4rd portal is the one that is the most difficult to get into place, because if you aren't able to do the first 3, then you are literally incapable of doing it consistently.
It's the present moment itself, being able to be present just by choice.
It's the most powerful thing you can experience, and paradoxically, you will dismiss it the first hundreds time.
It is overlooked so deeply, than you actually think you know what it is, but you really really don't, otherwise you wouldn't ask any questions.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I do that while falling asleep, flash or "pictures" come to my mind spontaneously. I've seen lately a flying woman in warrior suit (athena? valkyrie?) it immediatly awoken me and made me open my eyes, as it was vivid and unexpected. It's like in state of relaxation, the internal vision can extend and visit other places.

A basic casio watch with hourly "one single beep" alarm helps with all-day-awareness/mindfulness, and to triggering lucidity while REM sleep : set an alarm on your phone with the same "beep" (slightly muted) like 5 hours after going to sleep, which ring every 30 minutes. It's not supposed to awoken you, but it may helps (any "magic pill" for lucid dreaming doesn't work alone, it's mostly about expectations and psychological skills).

About pot, I think it reduce neurons abilities / neuro-plasticity. I don't smoke, but I've notticed from friends that their brains tends to turn in a "looping in a circle" mode over years, like when people get older. To avoid that, focusing on present moment and meditation are great.

Edited by Soulbass

20 hours ago, Shin said:

The first portal is to see your thoughts as an another perception, just like a sound, otherwise you totally identify with them and you will suffer.
That's the main teaching and it's the most liberating, and you don't need years of meditation, it's way simpler than you think it is.
You basically just watch your thoughts all day (it's ultra tedious at first for most people), then you do that in your meditations too.

It's the main teaching for a reason, because if you don't identify with your thoughts, then it's way easier to practice the 3rd and 4th portals.

The 2nd portal is to feel your inner body, but it's almost impossible to feel it for more than a few seconds if you heavily indentify with your mind, because there is always something to think about right ? 

The 3rd portal is to let go of your thoughts, let go of your resistence to events, let go of (self-created) suffering, etc ...
If you let go, then you become quickly conscious that you are way more than just a body or a mind, because there is a sense of freedom that is way beyond whatever you've experienced, and you clearly sense it emanates from something beyond your mind.

The 4rd portal is the one that is the most difficult to get into place, because if you aren't able to do the first 3, then you are literally incapable of doing it consistently.
It's the most powerful thing you can experience, and paradoxically, you will dismiss it the first hundreds time.
It is overlooked so deeply, than you actually think you know what it is, but you really really don't, otherwise you wouldn't ask any questions.

I'd like to add something on number 3: I like seeing the letting go process more like a recognition that I can't hold on to anything in awareness for that long, so might as well just let it pass through without resisting.

So we can realize letting go naturally occurs and no effort is required, but simply the allowing. 

Btw noticing the inner body is one of the most profound ways to raise your vibration. Your entire body and awareness meet. You are returning to your temple and healing it from within. You are absolutely merged and you feel the spaciousness feelings from within. It's a beautiful practice. The most advanced.

Like reading,  the more you do it, the more quality the results. Keep going,  look no further for the Holy Grail, this is the place.

Edited by Dodo

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

22 hours ago, 2000 said:

Does anyone here practice feeling the inner body? I have been trying to practice directing my attention to it pretty much at all times. Any thoughts on this practice? I want to know if it is potent enough to transform one spiritually. 

Side note: I smoked a lot of marijuana and could feel the inner body very intensely. Any thoughts on that?

Thx

I want to give you a potent pointer I heard from one of Eckhart's transmissions. It's the question: "How do I know that I have a body?"

The answer to that question is the experience of being aware of the inner body. Just go to that and when you find yourself out of touch, perhaps daydreaming, use the simple question again to get you to the simple experience. 

Thought will definitely retaliate. You are moving the attention away and Ego knows it's days are numbered, so be attentive - your thoughts will try to make you forget about how good this state of no thought actually is. 

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

On 11/19/2017 at 5:08 PM, Shin said:

Thanks, this is great and very practical. I'd love to investigate these "portals" more. Do you have any sources/books on this?

Thanks.

The art is to look without looking 

15 minutes ago, Vitamine Water said:

Thanks, this is great and very practical. I'd love to investigate these "portals" more. Do you have any sources/books on this?

Thanks.

You can read The power of now, but more than that would be just mental masturbation.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

You can read The power of now, but more than that would be just mental masturbation.

You know, mental masturbation is nice when you're on a no-fap streak ;)

The art is to look without looking