Is Enlightenment The Highest Wisdom?

41 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

These experiences were catalyzed by a shamanic tea that physiologically acts on the brain structure responsible for creating the ego identity. Most people don't have enlightenment experiences from drinking this tea, but I did both times I tried it. So, they weren't permanent, but I did get a glimpse of what it is like to be enlightened. They were the most beautiful hours of my life.

Jan and Emerald. Please let me help you ?

The only way to enlightenment is love. Let me explain why this is the case. Enlightenment is experiencing your essence or true nature. Your true nature is being (pure I AMness). So how do you find being ?

First you need to know what you are looking for .. so let me tell you.

Being is a vibration of energy and it IS at a certain frequency. The frequency of being IS the 
frequency of pure Love, pure Joy and pure Compassion combined. It's a nice cocktail.. jaja
If you want to experience being you must tune-in with that frequency. You have to become IT.

Being can not be understood or described by the mind. This is why you cannot think your way into enlightenment. Being has to be experienced by our feelings and our senses.

Being is all around us but we can't see it. It is hidden from us. The reason we can't see it is because we are looking for it in the dark. Let me tell you how to find it.

Imagine you are in a dark room and you want to find something in the room. What do you do ?

You can sit in the room waiting for the thing to somehow move and hit you (this can take 5000 hours or more) or you can crawl and try to feel it with your hands but this is a big big room ( this can also take 5,000 hours or more) or there is a third option !!!

Simply find the light switch and TURN ON THE LIGHTS in the room. No more need to spend 5,000 hours. It appears immediately. It was right in front of you !

But we all know this stuff !! .. The problem is that nobody knows where the light switch IS or how to turn it ON !! 

Do you want to know how ?

1 hour ago, werlight said:

Jan and Emerald. Please let me help you ?

The only way to enlightenment is love. Let me explain why this is the case. Enlightenment is experiencing your essence or true nature. Your true nature is being (pure I AMness). So how do you find being ?

First you need to know what you are looking for .. so let me tell you.

Being is a vibration of energy and it IS at a certain frequency. The frequency of being IS the 
frequency of pure Love, pure Joy and pure Compassion combined. It's a nice cocktail.. jaja
If you want to experience being you must tune-in with that frequency. You have to become IT.

Being can not be understood or described by the mind. This is why you cannot think your way into enlightenment. Being has to be experienced by our feelings and our senses.

Being is all around us but we can't see it. It is hidden from us. The reason we can't see it is because we are looking for it in the dark. Let me tell you how to find it.

Imagine you are in a dark room and you want to find something in the room. What do you do ?

You can sit in the room waiting for the thing to somehow move and hit you (this can take 5000 hours or more) or you can crawl and try to feel it with your hands but this is a big big room ( this can also take 5,000 hours or more) or there is a third option !!!

Simply find the light switch and TURN ON THE LIGHTS in the room. No more need to spend 5,000 hours. It appears immediately. It was right in front of you !

But we all know this stuff !! .. The problem is that nobody knows where the light switch IS or how to turn it ON !! 

This is precisely the idea that keeps presenting itself to me over and over in the past few days. I've recently made some great breakthroughs with the perspectives of the other people on the forum. So, now that I've whittled down what is actually true and what is just a belief, the only thing left to do is to accept and love what is.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

But we all know this stuff !!

I agree, in general we do, in one form or another.

The problem is that nobody knows where the light switch IS or how to turn it ON !!

Please, I welcome any perspective. I can't say I'm not curious (-:

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

1 hour ago, Jan Odvarko said:

Was it Ayahuasca?

Is it the kind of grasping that the "closer" you think you might be, the more you're grasping for it?

Well said.

I'd say the more aware you are of your suffering, the better you can work to liberate yourself, because you can now put your finger on it. Your pain will, in my opinion, greatly boost the process.

Yes it was Ayahuasca.

It's grasping in the sense that it is seeking happiness through future enlightenment, instead of practicing unconditional love and acceptance of the present moment. It is hating the present moment, and wishing for a better future moment.

I would agree with this last point. Ultimately, I know that my Ayahuasca experiences have caused a lot of trouble for me. I don't want to see someone else make the same mistakes. That said, the suffering and awareness of enlightenment has become very useful to me in many ways. So, I believe that it will eventually work in my favor.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

9 minutes ago, Jan Odvarko said:

I agree, in general we do, in one form or another.

Please, I welcome any perspective. I can't say I'm not curious (-:

Let me tell you a story .. imagine you are playing a game of hide and seek .. and you are hiding in the dark. You found a very good spot were no one can find you. They search and they search .. and they just cant find you !!

Suddently you hear beautiful music of love coming from one of the seakers..

You turn around to hear this amazing music and you see that this music of love makes the seakers awareness radiate pure light !!  upppss !!! suddently its not so dark any more ..

Then you look at yourself and you see that this music of love is also making your own awerness shine !! .. 

Now. Finally. The seeaker can see you !! You are shining in pure light ..

Ok so I hope I made it clear.. but just in case I didnt. Let me explain what happens.

"Awerness radiates/shines light when it vibrates as love"

So TURN ON YOUR LIGHTS !!

This is the big secret.. this is how you turn on the lights.

18 minutes ago, werlight said:

Let me tell you a story .. imagine you are playing a game of hide and seek .. and you are hiding in the dark. You found a very good spot were no one can find you. They search and they search .. and they just cant find you !!

You turn around to hear this amazing music and you see that this music of love makes the seakers awareness radiate pure light !!  upppss !!! suddently its not so dark any more ..

Then you look at yourself and you see that this music of love is also making your own awerness shine !! .. 

Ok so I hope I made it clear.. but just in case I didnt. Let me explain what happens.

Great analogy. :) 

Emotionalmastery.org

10 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Great analogy. :) 

thanks beautiful.. I just came out of the river this morning .. ☀️

1 minute ago, werlight said:

thanks beautiful.. I just came out of the river this morning .. ☀️

:) 

Emotionalmastery.org

37 minutes ago, werlight said:

Thank you, @werlight

Let me see if I got it right.

You seem to be proposing a "loving awareness" approach. This seems to be the state we approach at the end of a meditation session during mettā phase. Meditation increases awareness and mettā adds the love (loving-kindness) element to it. Or do you suggest a different kind of practice?

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

On 2016-02-23 at 0:58 AM, Emerald Wilkins said:

To give an analogy, think of wisdom like a river that starts in the unconscious mind and flows into the conscious mind. At the barrier between the conscious and unconscious mind, there is a dam (made up of false assumptions and beliefs about the self) that only lets some of the water from that wisdom river flow through. When a person becomes enlightened the dam opens up and the wisdom river flows through unobstructed. It isn't a perfect metaphor, but it's how it feels. 

This is almost exactly what I wanted to say as well :) It's also how you just accept everything as it is without adding anything.

Understanding would be to look at one thing and see the full use of it etc and in a way you add a bunch of meaning yourself, that is the purpose of the conscious mind and when you clash the pillars together you're truly playing with power ;) Now we can reach real knowledge.

1 hour ago, Jan Odvarko said:

Thank you, @werlight

Let me see if I got it right.

You seem to be proposing a "loving awareness" approach. This seems to be the state we approach at the end of a meditation session during mettā phase. Meditation increases awareness and mettā adds the love (loving-kindness) element to it. Or do you suggest a different kind of practice?

Meditation is very important. You have to achieve clarity and stillness.. 

What do I mean by this? Imagine your mind as a choppy sea, the surface is full of waves, big and small with riddles everywhere. Now imagine the same sea but early in the morning with no wind or tides affecting the surface. It looks almost like a perfect mirror. It can reflect light almost without distortions. Absolute clarity.

The second thing you need is an ability to stay focused, still, in the present moment. To do this, in addition to a clear mind, you need a relatively low level of emotional stress in your life.

But THIS IS NOT ENOUGH !!!

You need to learn to fill your heart with love. You need to turn ON the lights.

You need to be INSPIRED !!

How? Just look around ! look at all the beauty ! 

What can help ? anything that helps you tune-in with feelings of love, like holding your son/daughter in your arms, a pure act of kindness or compassion, experiencing nature in its absolute beauty, experiencing joy in many ways, or experiencing beauty through art or music.

Music is a great doorway to enlightenment because music is a vibration, if you can tune-in with music then you only need to find music that vibrates in very very high frequencies, frequencies of love, joy, and compassion and then become ( tune-in) with the music.

Get inspired !! Vibrate as pure love and you will shine. Believe me.

Then .. Focus your awarness on itself !!

On 2016-02-23 at 0:45 AM, Saitama said:

I think the term wise is fairly ambiguous, so this is fairly open-ended.

What do you think?

When dreaming it sure feels real, but when you wake up you can see that it was all a dream. But how can you know that you really woken up? It might be a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...

48 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

When dreaming it sure feels real, but when you wake up you can see that it was all a dream. But how can you know that you really woken up? It might be a dream within a dream within a dream within a dream...

I suddenly pictured Leo Dicaprio. I hope he wins the Oscar. Loved his movie

@Emerald Wilkins So meditation, self-inquiry, and contemplation are all ways of transcending the ego?

Seems like an obvious question but I like questioning the obvious. Haha 

Edited by Avi

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

23 minutes ago, Avi said:

@Emerald Wilkins So meditation, self-inquiry, and contemplation are all ways of transcending the ego?

Seems like an obvious question but I like questioning the obvious. Haha 

Well yes and no. Yes in the sense that doing meditation, self-inquiry, and contemplation will help you clear space in your awareness to have a breakthrough. No in the sense that it is all an illusion anyway. ;) 

Emotionalmastery.org

On February 24, 2016 at 10:42 AM, Isle of View said:

I would amend this quote to:

"We have the potential to know everything. We just neglect it.."

Kind regards,
Chris

In reality, if you go deeper you realize that you know everything but YOU decided to forget.

7 minutes ago, werlight said:

In reality, if you go deeper you realize that you know everything but YOU decided to forget.

Mine is defined from the perspective of now. You are neglecting it now, independently of what you decided or agreed upon in "the past".

43 minutes ago, Isle of View said:

Mine is defined from the perspective of now. You are neglecting it now, independently of what you decided or agreed upon in "the past".

Yes. And only the YOU that decided to forget can remember. Find the YOU and you will remember.