charlie cho

What is prayer?

16 posts in this topic

Clearly this is something we need to know.... We dismiss prayer like its nothing in spirituality! What is prayer really? 

I would guess that it could work as a type of mindfulness meditation, because if you focus on the words and movements you make during different kinds of prayers, you might become present.

Hey... Is presence? What eckhart tolle Calls our true self? Or is it to just make us not live in the past and future

I guess it's different for everyone. For me it's a kind of conscious creating or practice of feeling one with the greater reality. 

I actually have a video planned about this topic.

While doing enlightenment work I got a surprise insight into what prayer is.

Prayer is contemplation. It's the attempt to directly merge with "God" or your True Self by cessation of mind activity and total surrender. It's identical to the aim of yoga (union) and meditation.

That's what old-school prayer used to be before modern-day religions corrupted it and turned it into a tool for appeasing the ego.

Old-school Christian and Jewish prayer was designed to stop your mind from thinking, merging the ego with reality. It had nothing to do with asking God for good stuff, lol.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I agree that prayer is a form of contemplation and merging with God. You can go into altered states of consciousness just by praying. But I also believe that sometimes by praying you can actually get what youre asking for. Life or God I believe may respond to you, maybe depending on the degree of involvement and emotions during the prayer.

Edited by goodguy

Prayer is setting forth the intention with pure focus, and then settling into the vibration of pure openness with the vibration of faith in order for you to receive. Thoughts are what shapes this physical life we all are experiencing. So if we pray with a pure intention and pure focus, miracles can happen. It means if we pray with a positive intention (positive thoughts, the Universe doesn't understand words, only emotions which translates to vibration) and be consistent, we will get the prayer answered.

That's what people call manifesting.

Let say if we are praying for someone to overcome an illness, we are going to present to the Universe how we would feel, if the person was healthy. That way we are showing the Universe how we want it to be in present tense. Then the Universe will understand the vibration that you want (in this case the person gets illness free),and then it will knock it self out to make that happen for you. 

Remember the first key to get your prayer answered is to pray for what you want, NOT what you don't want, 2nd key is consistency! 

Hope this help.

51 minutes ago, charlie cho said:

If God is us.... Why do we talk to it? Pray to it? I mean it's like we're a dumb guy talking to ourselves

Until you really experience yourself as God, you pray that you do :) 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

We, the plants, the animals etc are all pieces of God. Like our whole body being God and we all are a cell in the body. Are we the body? yes and no. We are part of it but not exactly it. Maybe the humans are the brain cells, the animals are the liver cells and the plants are lung cells. This is at least my understanding. 

1 hour ago, Clare said:

We, the plants, the animals etc are all pieces of God. Like our whole body being God and we all are a cell in the body. Are we the body? yes and no. We are part of it but not exactly it. Maybe the humans are the brain cells, the animals are the liver cells and the plants are lung cells. This is at least my understanding. 

God isn't so much the phenomena that you see. God refers to the ultimate SOURCE of this phenomena, which is sorta like Nothingness. The phenomena arise from the Nothingness and die back into it every moment.

But this is all just ideas. Go discover what the words are pointing to.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Prayer is like Tantra and affect your subconscious to make you subject your life to God (or the cosmos/force, whatever you call it) but you have to do it like Jesus said and pray only for yourself and for you to change.

You can't pray for other people because that won't change them or you (at least not for the better) and you can't pray to get that hot red head down at the convenience store, y'know the one with the eye patch and wooden leg or whatever but you have to pray that you will do the will of God and let the Holy Spirit work through you without your ego getting all high and mighty which ultimately only cause you pain and suffering.

If I sound religious when I use those words I'm not, mythology is just a language so don't confuse my words with that of the common day religious people. (or just read Leo's comment above mine where he apparently described this lol)

2 hours ago, Clare said:

Biologist Bruce Lipton and this guy (Jonathan Adampants) are great at explaining this shit :)