Kallan

What Is Stage Coral In Spiral Dynamics???

94 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, LukeThomas said:

@Leo Gura was correct in the fact that there is very little mentioned about stage CORAL in this book.

Do you know about another source of information then? Where have you heard/read about it? 

http://www.integralworld.net/pdf/Reflections_SDi.pdf

Stage Description

tier 1 - gross

Beige Express self for physiological survival

Purple Sacrifice self to maintain the ways of old

Red Express self impulsively at any cost without shame or fear

Blue Sacrifice self for reward later

Orange Express self for self-gain, but calculatedly

Green Sacrifice self to get acceptance now

tier 2 - subtle

Yellow Express self with concern for, and not at the expense of, others

Turquoise Sacrifice self to existential realities

Coral Express without shame or guilt for evolution's sake

Teal Sacrifice self to emerging existential potential

Orange2 Express self awarely for Subtle self development

Green2 Sacrifice self to get Subtle energy acceptance now

tier 3 - causal...

as i see coral is new red. its impulsive and spontaneous self-expression here and now without need to dominate others. coral is concerned with body, mental and spiritual evolution of his own with deep need to express it. and coral is very much serious about that. probs evolution of humanity is also big concern for coral. coral wants to have effect on evolution of humanity and has its own stance on this. probs it can have bad side-effects like rejecting 'under-developed' people who are 'bad' for evolution.

teal is flying with flow, seeing big picture of universe flow. being child. concerning with global evolution and seeing where its heading and trying to fit into flow of evolution with accepting whatever will happen with others without need to change (unlike coral who needs to change it).

orange2 and green2 are about own self-development as coral but without need to express. as i see its 100% about spiritual and mystical development. and this is speculation: people here are very mystical and magical. orange2 is black magicians. green2 is white magicians. 

Edited by Monkey-man

On 9.1.2018 at 7:58 AM, Stefano Provenzi said:

If you want to know more about stage coral, check out for a video on Spiral dynamics by MA Carrano, on youtube

Thanks for recommending, have listened to it today. Got me interested to check out more of his stuff and read that Beck & Cowan book. 

(Now I'm mad at the person who invented the term "Spiral Dynamics", what a stupid term xD They should've stuck with Bio-Psycho-Social-Systems Approach to Human Cognition.)

Yellow turquoise are more about merging with current reality

coral and teal are more about merging with current plus direction of future potential reality

thats how I see it from article

the guy claims he's coral

Edited by Monkey-man

@Mighty Mouse haha no these are all my speculative outtakes from article

but I think anything beyond turquoise is very rare even among enlightened ppl

18 hours ago, Monkey-man said:

the guy claims he's coral

Yeah and he also caused the end of reputation and rank with these posts :D 

His statements about Spiral Dynamics didn't seem very compelling to me, but I still felt like there was the possibility of finding something worth looking into. That's what brought me to asking around whether there are any substantial resources of theory or if some people just make up shit randomly, because it's always fancy to talk about EVEN HIGHER STAGES. 

I've read some of the early Clare Graves articles some time ago and his ideas seemed to me to have potential. So if they were developed further in any substantial way, I wanna know and look into that, that's all. 

19 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

Not sure what you're asking, or why?

How does any of this relate to Stage Coral?  I wanna see who has something insightful to say about that.

On 14.1.2018 at 9:56 PM, Mighty Mouse said:

Not sure what you're asking, or why?

On 14.1.2018 at 10:17 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

How does any of this relate to Stage Coral?

I was curious what someone who spits wisdom and is supposedly high on some map of development would do with their lives.

Wow this really took off. I’ve even came across stage teal too now which seems to go even deeper. I don’t know where the theory ends and people just making stuff up starts.