Ether

Dont Spend Years On Meditation When You Can Do This

25 posts in this topic

@Dodo  

15 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Ofcourse it's ok to say "I think X", I am not saying it's not ok.

What I am suggesting is that you are giving wisdom that you are not following yourself. 

Okay, I don't agree, but I appreciate you telling me if you think that's the case.

15 minutes ago, Dodo said:

It has been said many times, Enlightenment doesn't come, it is here now. Yet you still doubt "it" will "come". What if this is the very fog preventing you from seeing? Future enlightenment is NOT enlightenment. There is only now.

I know that. I'm just saying it's reasonable to expect a long time frame for sadhana to result in realization, but yeah Enlightenment could occur at any time. I know all that stuff about there being nothing to seek, enlightenment not being something that you find, it's already the case, etc.

I still make practical remarks about sadhana. Sure, someone could become realized this very instant and notice what's already the case and should always have that intention, but that doesn't mean seekers have to adopt a neo-Advaita mindset and talk about there being nothing to seek.

I  was just telling him it probably won't be easy at first. It's no different than telling a newbie meditator the calming the monkey mind might take a long time.

A funny reference to one of @Leo Gura's video (don't remember which one)

"Lose weight by eating chocolate." @Ether that is no crazier than what you're saying. I really don't even need to watch the video to get the gist that you're missing the point of all that is being thrown at you. You're looking for shortcuts. Stop looking for shortcuts. If there was a quicker way to do things, everybody would be doing it. You think enlightened masters would go through the tortuous process of getting to where they are now if there was just Betty Crocker 1-2-3 step formula? You're either kidding yourself or lost in delusion. There's a reason there are people that put so much work into this and spend decades doing years of study into just this one singular Truth. Even if you're referring to just general improvement and not specifically enlightenment, it doesn't change at all. I've been a competitive runner for exactly 10 years now since I was 12 years old. I started out as a mid-packer for all of high school in just minor races. I'm lucky enough to have been able to look 10 years down the road in terms of physical and mental development to get to where I am now where I now have qualified for national championships in Cross Country and on the Track and have my Olympic B Standard for the 2020 Olympic Trials in both the Marathon and on the track. You don't get outstanding results from just 1 thing. Anything you want to cultivate takes a fucking long time. Again, you're either kidding yourself or lost in delusion. 

19 hours ago, Ether said:

but im pretty much almost enlightned.

I wanted to make a joke and ask how can you know that, is there any map. But then I thought, wait, there are ox's pictures. Where would you put yourself on that scale and how long did it take you to get there?

27 minutes ago, Girzo said:

I wanted to make a joke and ask how can you know that, is there any map. But then I thought, wait, there are ox's pictures. Where would you put yourself on that scale and how long did it take you to get there?

Took me a year and 2 months. I dont know a scale i just know im close.

On 11/6/2017 at 3:10 PM, Ether said:

Why spend years on meditation, and that the outcome you want isnt even guaranteed anyway (but nothing is) when you can take a much quicker effort?

Hey, I didn't want to be picking on the negative here, but I really think it's important to take a second to take a very very important note ,that is meant to be constructive: 

You want results, work for them! Dedicate yourself a lot! have discipline, lot's of it! Don't be lazy, the great teachings we take from anything comes from the moments we are struggling or trying to master something! When you do, do it without expectation, without waiting for reward, just do it because you know and feel that that's what you meant to do!  

Hey everyone, cut a bit with the fast rewards mindfullness... go for a slow no rewards emptiness ... Doesn't even have to sound good!

Sorry this isn't about you as you see...

:)  

Edited by Raquel
spelling