Jan Odvarko

You Don't Have To Live In A Cave... Or Do You?

39 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Jan Odvarko said:

See that's the thing @Ayla, in order to be able to let go of these things telling us otherwise, some change has to take place, even if only in our point of view. And that change IMO takes some time and hard work. That's what I'm trying to say, just my choice of words is a little clumsy.

I like your analogy with glasses BTW.

Maybe I'm already as enlightened as everyone else, maybe I am emptiness itself whether I realise it or not, but no matter how we put it, this doesn't help us to experience the truth until we actually do some hard work and progressively open ourselves to it.

A prisoner might find it encouraging to know that he was in fact free all along and the only thing that stands in his way are the cell bars. That doesn't change the fact that it takes some time to break out the cell. See how long it took Wentworth Miller, and he was a freaking smart guy who could make an origami duck.

You wanna know how I usually call this? Hitting your right foot with the left :P

OK question: If the TRUTH is true at any time and any place, must be here now, no? Why wait? Why do? Why work? Similarly, if you can see God in a flower, how is it that you cannot see "Him" in yourself? "God" puts a worm in the deepest ocean, where no other creature can live. Still, it is also God who will give that worm exactly what it needs to survive there. So it is with you. You already have exactly what you need "inbuilt". 

Also, think about those poor little girls in Africa that have no education, no school, no books...Do you think God has brought them on this planet while denying them the hope of enlightenment? How can this be possible? It would be so unfair, wouldn't it? They have no notion of enlightenment or of the work you need to do to "get there". They just can be that, like that!

Contemplate all that. In the end, it is a conscious decision to just get over the person-hood. Just you look what's keeping you hooked :)

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

21 minutes ago, Emily said:

But time is an illusion, no? There's only ever now...

If time is an illusion, then secluding yourself for a 1000 hours shouldn't be a problem ;)

Don't forget that when you get killed in the Matrix, it still hurts.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

If time is an illusion, then secluding yourself for a 1000 hours shouldn't be a problem ;)

Touché (or nice swerve!)

2 hours ago, Jan Odvarko said:

Maybe I'm already as enlightened as everyone else, maybe I am emptiness itself whether I realise it or not, but no matter how we put it, this doesn't help us to experience the truth until we actually do some hard work and progressively open ourselves to it..

What is it that makes it hard work?

26 minutes ago, Pinocchio said:

And yes after a few months of more writhing I skyrocketed. It was probably exactly the break I needed.

Thank you @Pinocchio. Could you elaborate more on what you've been doing during that one year? If it's not a personal question (well, what question could be more personal...)

Did you isolate yourself from your family also? Did you regularly meditate/contemplate, or something else? Your story seems very interesting.

Read it all, tried it all, can't remember any of it.

13 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

What is it that makes it hard work?

To sound poetic: The dummy that I've painted on the canvas so thoroughly that I can't see the canvas anymore.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

14 minutes ago, Jan Odvarko said:

To sound poetic: The dummy that I've painted on the canvas so thoroughly that I can't see the canvas anymore.

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg

Consciousness sure has some funny way about it sometimes :D 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

Thanks for that @Pinocchio. So basically your approach is getting aligned with the flow and becoming more of a detached observer, I guess. At least that's my impression.

5 minutes ago, DizIzMikey said:

I see... circles ...you all are.. running in circles.

I'm not running at all. :)

)@Ayla is that like a doggie treat? If it is you can keep it for your other pets... i cant be tamed :P B|  well time to meditate on this sad revelation.

@Leo Gura  Sometimes I get confused, Mooji says "don't do nothing" and "forget about enlightenment" because if we set an expectation that's a trap, it's better just to "be". I don't know exactly yet how to accomplish that, then you say that we need 5000 hours of contemplation.

Are both points of view true? Or how we should decide in what way we should try?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@Leo Gura  Sometimes I get confused, Mooji says "don't do nothing" and "forget about enlightenment" because if we set an expectation that's a trap, it's better just to "be". I don't know exactly yet how to accomplish that, then you say that we need 5000 hours of contemplation.

Are both points of view true? Or how we should decide in what way we should try?

Both are true. Mooji is basically saying that if truth is omnipresent, it must always be there- thus right now too. 

Leo is saying that in order to actually be able to live the Truth, you need the determination (and the hours) to get rid of anything that is not "the truth" - your chimphood that is :P 

Ayla,

www.aylabyingrid.com

17 minutes ago, Ayla said:

Both are true. Mooji is basically saying that if truth is omnipresent, it must always be there- thus right now too. 

Leo is saying that in order to actually be able to live the Truth, you need the determination (and the hours) to get rid of anything that is not "the truth" - your chimphood that is :P 

I like Mooji, because I am lazy 
:P

Not true, hehehe... I am really thinking into going to one of those vipassana retreats and I will be also going to a buddhist center to make guided meditation once a week. But, being in the city and how difficult is to get free time, I wonder which one would be the best. Mooji gives me hope that it is possible to reach it.

Edited by abrakamowse
correction

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

5 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

Yes, do nothing for 5000 hours, lol.

When it will come, no one can say. It could happen right now, it could happen in 10 years. But when you sit down to meditate or self-inquire, your intent should be to become enlightened NOW!

You will fail thousands of times. But it only takes once to succeed.

This is not a mechanical process. Each time you sit down you have to genuinely be curious and come at the question from a place of wonder and wanting to know. You will of course fail at this too many times.

You could even just sit there doing nothing and not even care about enlightenment with zero intent. And you could still get enlightened. Although probably it will take much longer.

There are dozens of ways to get enlightened. Even opposite ways can work!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura  Thanks!!! I got into a mind trap. Thanks again.

:)

I think the catch is not continue believing that there's "one way" to do it...

Or better yet, not believing in anything.

Edited by abrakamowse