LaucherJunge

Seperation Vs Destruction Of The Self

6 posts in this topic

It tends to be a common theme, a paradigm even, that most people in this community and also in spirituality itself, see the destruction of the self as the only way to enlightenment.
What if seperation or disidentification, living in a kind of meta state can do the trick already without actually needing to destroy the construct of self because you are not bound to it anyway?
This points me to the fact that there are supposed to be two main ways to get enlightened, the shiva way and the buddha way. Maybe it is not just two different ways but actually the destination is also different? Meaning there are two very different kinds of enlightenment, which makes total sense, even though we are not always looking for logic in this field. It makes the aspect of polarities emerge even in enlightenment, which usually is the case for everything we know only enlightenment seemed to be the thing without an opposite. One way of enlightenment is the everything, living in seperation or coexistence with the self and the other way is nothing, destruction of the self.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@LaucherJunge So would the Shiva way be similar to Christianity? Could you recommend any seminal texts on Buddhism or Hinduism?

@RichardY
No, not at all. I am not into texts of any kind, I just watch videos on this topics I need a live person with expressions to really deeply feel what they are saying. I can tell you that Osho was talking quite alot about this difference between Shivas and Buddhas path. 
But I would agree Shivas path is closer to christianity then Buddhas path. Buddhas path was more logical and rational while Shivas was loving and emotional. Jesus was also preaching alot about love as far as I know.
@Serotoninluv
I was not trying to figure out anything really, it just came to me as an intuition while I was watching a video that didn't have anything to do with spirituality. I am still not that interested in enlightenment as most other people in this community, I am more into spiritual self-development and I love my ego, if that keeps me from getting enlightened that's fine with me.

12 hours ago, LaucherJunge said:

I am more into spiritual self-development and I love my ego, if that keeps me from getting enlightened that's fine with me.

Lol

That's a bit like saying, "I love sex, which is why I prefer to have sex with vacuum cleaners rather than the real thing. And that's fine with me."

Suit yourself, but maybe there's a better way?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

54 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

That's a bit like saying, "I love sex, which is why I prefer to have sex with vacuum cleaners rather than the real thing. And that's fine with me."

Suit yourself, but maybe there's a better way?

We are in the game of form after all, why should I break out of it? So far spiritual work makes me gradually happier by the day, suffering is something that doesen't occur anymore for years and pain, as rare it became, is a beautiful thing.
When I die, I will be enlightened anyway and time is just an illusion, so I am already eternally enlightened, I don't see a reason to rush into the smokescreen trying to get a glimpse of what lies behind. If it happens spontaneously during my spiritual work that's great, I guess. But I don't see the reason to dedicate all the opportunity I got here, to this beyond intangible "thing".
Maybe DMT will change my mind on that in due time, we will see.
For now I see all dimensions as equal, so the effort to go far beyond the dimension or dimensions we are kind of bound to doesen't seem neccessary, what is still an open question in my mind is that consciousness is dimensionless as Rupert Spira stated in a video, I don't get to any conclusion with this statement so far.