How to be wise

Don't Crave Enlightenment

29 posts in this topic

This gives me an excuse not to put too much work on this journey. 

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

On 11/5/2017 at 10:19 PM, Shin said:

Only if you know what to practice.

The number 1 problem in this path is that 99% don't practice what matters, and even if they do, they are still doing it wrong.

Not only that, at some point they just quit.

Or they get an "awakening" experience and then they think that that's it and nothing more is done to progress further.

And it's those people that start to write books, make videos, deluding themselves that they have realized the self.

16 hours ago, Edogowa Conan said:

What are you talking about. I do want to be happy. Everybody does. That's just a fact.

No you don't! Hard to believe I know. But just realising that is enlightenment. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 10/11/2017 at 11:11 AM, How to be wise said:

No you don't! Hard to believe I know. But just realising that is enlightenment. 

You sound like someone who failed to achieve enlightenment and is now trying to get people to stop working towards it, that way you'll feel better about yourself. I want to be happy so I'm going to start doing self inquiry to get enlightenment. 'I want to be happy' is true for me.

1 hour ago, Speedscarlet said:

You sound like someone who failed to achieve enlightenment and is now trying to get people to stop working towards it, that way you'll feel better about yourself. I want to be happy so I'm going to start doing self inquiry to get enlightenment. 'I want to be happy' is true for me.

AKA as neo-advaita.

Persons like that are all there for words play.

Just ignore them.

they don't hold any value for us to progress.

Only one with a strong sense of liberation will success.

4 hours ago, Speedscarlet said:

The realisation of the self is a good thing to pursue, but clearly you will benefit more from the realisation of the truth of your 'wants'. All of your 'wants' are false. That is your enlightenment. If you're going to pursue anything, pursue that. Free yourself from the illusion of 'wants'. Then you will be happy. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 11/11/2017 at 7:18 PM, How to be wise said:

The realisation of the self is a good thing to pursue, but clearly you will benefit more from the realisation of the truth of your 'wants'. All of your 'wants' are false. That is your enlightenment. If you're going to pursue anything, pursue that. Free yourself from the illusion of 'wants'. Then you will be happy. 

But if I realise the 'illusion' of the wants, I will not want enlightenment any more. I would much rather stay in the illusion than miss out on no-self experience.

1 minute ago, Speedscarlet said:

But if I realise the 'illusion' of the wants, I will not want enlightenment any more. I would much rather stay in the illusion than miss out on no-self experience.

'Missing out' is another illusion. In reality, you can't miss out on anything. You won't be happy until you realise that. 'No self' isn't important for you. You would much rather worry about the illusion of 'missing out' than the 'true self'.