Psyche_92

How Can I Handle This

5 posts in this topic

Since my internal voice and thoughts quietened down tremendously, i've been having some changes in motivation to eat healthy and workout.
It just doesn't feel right anymore to push myself into the gym, to eat just to eat healthy and not because of genuine motivation and doing what my ego is telling me to do, if that makes any sense. It just feels wrong and pressured. Years ago i would have been mad at myself because of not sticking to my gym routine, or sticking to my diet, but if you think about it, what does it even matter? How stupid is it to be mad at myself honestly?  I'm starting to become more interested in living a genuine live, rather than doing things that are actually not "me". Not sure how to handle these changes, because it's not only with gym, but also with other stuff in my life that i just dropped because they don't feel right anymore.

Your mind might tell you that you're doing those things for certain pressured reasons even when you're doing them for good ones. Of course it's possible you're doing them for neurotic reasons or it varies as well.

The thing you were doing haven't actually changed, just the way you see them. Eating healthy for example is still beneficial even if you wanted to do something else more right now. Some things just are necessary for other things to happen.

The way you see them in general is very much a view on things. It's not really necessary to focus on how you feel about things right now. Just try to approach them in a meditative way.

I'd plan out what are the things you want to do in life now. Become more clear about it, write it down. If something you want seems too abstract you can think about the practical things to do for it.

This is just how I'd think about it

40 minutes ago, YaNanNallari said:

Your mind might tell you that you're doing those things for certain pressured reasons even when you're doing them for good ones. Of course it's possible you're doing them for neurotic reasons or it varies as well.

I wish this was the case, but it isn't. To be fair i don't feel like i have a mind that tells me good/bad anymore at all. There is just this feeling that what i'm doing is out of flow with what i should be doing, and from that feeling can occur a thought, if i'm lucky enough to neglect the feelings in my body long enough that is. Might sound weird, but that's how i'm experiencing it right now.

Since my internal voice and thoughts quietened down tremendously, i've been having some changes in motivation to eat healthy and workout.
It just doesn't feel right anymore to push myself into the gym, to eat just to eat healthy and not because of genuine motivation and doing what my ego is telling me to do, if that makes any sense. It just feels wrong and pressured.

If you are forcing yourself to do these things, your desire and motivation are neurotic. Develop consciousness! Then you will see if these things are even worth doing.  You will see that junk food takes energy away from you. You will see that physical activity - especially running - literally purifies you spiritually. But me telling you this doesn't justify pressuring yourself to do these things. Experience it for yourself.

Years ago i would have been mad at myself because of not sticking to my gym routine, or sticking to my diet, but if you think about it, what does it even matter? How stupid is it to be mad at myself honestly?  I'm starting to become more interested in living a genuine live, rather than doing things that are actually not "me".

Absolutely hilariously stupid. Not the gym routine caused you pain, but your attachment to it. Notice that. This doesn't mean that gym and a healthy diet isn't "you" though. Do it only if you see the value in it.

Edited by Torkys

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Psyche_92  totally agree.

i would still be not motivated to give up this stuff, just as @Torkys  suggest, would try to develop my consiousness, so i could come to these things effortlessy.

for instance, i never even thought of giving up smoking (was sure it was my "special" ritual) and when i understood through conscious work importance of a good health and clear mind (for better performance in life), this habit had discontinued without me making a big deal of it.

there's a load of other things to work upon though, that is why it seems unbearable

Edited by General 2