faith

Why I Can't Stop Thinking I Am A Loser?

24 posts in this topic

On 10/28/2017 at 8:48 PM, DanielIssac said:

That mentality of "putting on a game face" is the issue. Trying to hide from your emotions is what is feeding into them. You have to stop yourself from doing that. Stop bottling it up, don't ho!d back the flood. It's going to hurt, yes. It'll hurt like hell! But you have to understand and realize that the pain of acceptance is far less than the pain you continue to generate by running away from your emotions. Think of it as hitting your head against a brick wall. Over and over you try to force those pieces to fit. Over and over, the pieces just fall apart.

Once you allow yourself to truly accept and love those parts of you, things will begin to change. Depending on how much work you are willing to do inside, you can have leaps of personal growth in WEEKS, maybe even DAYS! As you begin to love those parts of yourself, you will slowly see a shift in how you think.

This new shift will feel false or fake, your mind will play tricks on you. Do not let this discourage you, understand that it is your brain's way of trying to go back to those old comfort zones. Don't allow yourself to get sucked back in, or on the contrary, let it suck you back in and study it. Allow yourself to see how your thoughts change and how the physical sensations begin to change. Then love those new changes until they subside.

You will have to do this SEVERAL times. It's not easy and it's not effortless. You have to become conscious of everything inside. Question everything inside. Develop different, more positive ways of viewing your experience, emotions and yourself. You may say you feel worthless or are worthless. A better way of saying this would be "I don't know my own value" or "I've had rough life experiences". If you think of yourself as a loser because of a lack of connection a better way to express that would be " I am a lone wolf" think about it! This would be literally true.

There are several other examples you can use to develop a more positive self image and get to really understand what you want from yourself, from others and from life. These emotional traps don't have to be permanent. You can escape them. But first you have to study them, understand them and love them.

Once you begin to put in that real, honest effort into improving yourself, things will begin to come together. Be patient with it though. As you grow, be proud of yourself. Every step of the way, be proud. You are rebuilding your foundation in which you can build the beautiful life you want and deserve.

You don't understand. I always complain everyday. 

Fuck this fucking world. I feel exactly the same as OP. I still don't get why I should continue living in this accursed world. I would kill myself if I didn't have my parents or my dog and wasn't afraid of death.

4 hours ago, Hardkill said:

You don't understand. I always complain everyday. 

Fuck this fucking world. I feel exactly the same as OP. I still don't get why I should continue living in this accursed world. I would kill myself if I didn't have my parents or my dog and wasn't afraid of death.

Word of advice, don't assume I don't know exactly where you are. I've been there. I know exactly how worthless it feels, how utterly hopeless it seems. The only problem is I can only convey so much to you. I can't change your mind for you. You have to be the one that decides that enough is enough. You have to decide to stop hitting your head against that wall.

On 10/23/2017 at 2:53 AM, faith said:

Why I Can't Stop Thinking I Am A Loser?

because you're attached to some fucked up definition of winner.

unborn Truth

On 10/23/2017 at 1:53 AM, faith said:

I don't know how to strip off the label "loser" out of my head. HELP!

I have this great doubt on my mind all the time. The worst part is I don't know how to shake it off. 

Are there any techniques or exercises?

Just look at yourself in the mirror and shout, "I AM A WINNER!" for 5 minutes everyday for 90 days. Reprogram your subconscious mind.