tyler7415

Life?

6 posts in this topic

Recently, thinking about how I want to spend my life, I am kinda confused at what direction to pursue. So far, the becoming of a sage seems like the greatest journey to pursue in what will bring me the greatest life experience but I honestly don't know (I am 20 years in old in University). I spent the last weekend at a Sadhguru workshop in Toronto which was a profound experience. Sadhguru is interesting, but I'm not even sure I can trust him because he never really said many conrete things his entire conference (spoke for about 18 hrs...). He almost feels like a scam at times with his unfunny jokes that people laugh it because hes an authority, and he never tells you anything precise. He kinda just speculates and talks in massive ideals with very little specifics and little pragmatism. At the same time, I don't know whether I can trust what these people call "Truth". Most of my family members deny all of it and none of my best and close friends have any interest. People look at me crazy that I am the only one questioning what the fuck this "all" is. Its difficult to take the leap of faith to believe in this Truth because I have not had any strong direct experience and everyone around me thinks this is a cult and they are just worried that I am becoming a follower. My question to everyone who reads this post is "What do you think is the best way to spend your life?" Please be realistic if you answer this. Thank you if you choose to respond.

Nice first post and great questions too...

I would start with my passions - question myself what I really love to do. What are my interests? Write it down, perhaps in a journal. Explore that and turn it into a career / life purpose. You are in the university now. Try matching the major with your interests / career. Have a career. It'll help you become independent and great learning experience. 

The next step I would take is to really understand what is my life purpose. How would I get my life purpose like this: Life purpose = startup = passive income? Learn more about what is a startup and what is passive income. Here's the book I recommend: Guide to Investing by Robert Kiyosaki. There is a triangle diagram that looks like this in the book:

bi_triangle.jpg

This is a great puzzle diagram that has helped me get my life purpose. Of course, this diagram would have to be paired off with the Spiral Dynamics diagram starting at stage orange. Leo made a clip on Spiral Dynamics. Of course, Leo has a life purpose course. 

All at the same time on a daily basis, keep self-inquiry, meditation, and contemplate on what is truth. What does it mean when everything is one?

There are many other great spiritual teachers, I know exactly what you mean because I felt the same way about sadhguru for starters, it was amazing what he said but kind of too vague. The deeper you get into this stuff the more you will see the wisdom in his words. Also you can't resonate with every single teacher at any given time.
There are not many people who are able to get a glimpse around their ego, usually immesurable amounts of suffering are needed in order to give it a go, you can't just convince people of believing this because apart from meditation there is no science really involved, it is very experiential or subjective work. If you still have doubts research on the scientific benefits of meditation, this should easily be enough to start a habit and this habit will lead to further understanding and experience by itself.

Edited by LaucherJunge

@tyler7415 find your way to become independent financially, emotionally and ideologically first.

right now you are just fooling yourself. self-actualization is about authenticity but you're too concerned with what others may think of you.

unborn Truth

@tyler7415 Don’t trust what anybody tells you is the truth. It can’t be communicated. It can be experienced. 

The best way to spend your life would be to experience the truth for yourself as soon as possible. Anything else is just taking someone else’s advice. Robot’s say “I am not a robot”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 10/18/2017 at 6:04 AM, tyler7415 said:

Recently, thinking about how I want to spend my life, I am kinda confused at what direction to pursue. So far, the becoming of a sage seems like the greatest journey to pursue in what will bring me the greatest life experience but I honestly don't know (I am 20 years in old in University).

If you don't know, it means that you are not pulled by it, which can mean 2 things:

a) This is not the highest vision possible and yours is utterly different

b) You don't have the direct experience that it's the highest vision and you need to get that experience.

I would suggest that the latter is the case. If you are curious if becoming a sage is a worthwhile goal, do consciousness and enlightenment work, contemplate and master your emotions. Visions can be tricky though. You need to have a clear "why?" to your actions, and as Leo talked about this in one of his videos, if you become conscious enough of a negative behaviour/bad vision, you just can't do it/follow it anymore. That kind of drive will be required for a long-lasting and compelling vision.

At the same time, I don't know whether I can trust what these people call "Truth".

Same opinion on this one as @Nahm. Belief is clearly not enough if you want to know the Truth, even "knowledge" or logic isn't enough, even logic combined with direct experience isn't enough. If you have experienced while observing an object it's pure beingness then say "Oh, so I apply logic here, everything I observe is being, so everything is just being all the time and Leo was right, let me get the fuck out and preach." NO!

You need to get experience if you want to get to Truth. Thoughts and words are just symbols or reality.

My question to everyone who reads this post is "What do you think is the best way to spend your life?" Please be realistic if you answer this.

My simple answer is increasing awareness. With this, your life will become more profound, you will see through the traps of society and business and you will get clear about what is worth doing. But don't believe me! Look at your past experiences where you were conscious (new, exciting experiences tend to stick and you tend to be more conscious there), see the profundity of it, do some consciousness work and you will see (take this as just a suggestion and consider the possibility that I am just here to fuck your life up and to trick you).

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.